The X1 MK3 layout makes no sense.

Options

The new X1 MK3 layout makes no sense to me whatsoever. Why is CUE relegated to a smaller button above PLAY while SYNC is on a big button next to PLAY now? PLAY and CUE are by far the most used buttons by DJ's. I'm honestly so confused by this "upgrade".

Taking away the touchstrip and browser encoder is very strange and unnecessary as well. Is anyone else just wondering what's going on here?

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,382 Expert
    Options

The sync button is also needed if you want to manually adjust BPM. Which traditionally I would use more than cue, but in the case of the X1 I often just use sync and thus don't need to adjust the bpm.

But yes, I don't see the need for it being that big. Maybe they wanted the layout to be symmetrical? I don't mind it that much.

They talked about the touch strip in the Q and A thread. Apparently it did not work well in a club when you start sweating.

No "browser view" button by default tripped me more up. But thanks to community "hacks" this is fixed for me.

Have you tried it? It was very familiar to play around with it. Have not done a longer set yet though.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,681 mod
    Options

The new layout makes sense when you place X1 MK3 next to S2 Mk3, S4 Mk3 ans S3 where cue and play are layed out just like it is the case with Pioneer gear.

People who are going to manuall adjust the BPM will appreciate bigger Sync button - makes it easier do hold + encoder turn with a single hand without worrying about pressing some other (nearby) button in thay process.

Layout is almost perefect and the button stability is great, I'm more concerned about encoder feel, knobs implementation and the overmapping capabilities, it looks like it is not coming anytime soon. And MIDI mode is sad to use when compared to X1 MK2.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,382 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm also not sure yet about the deadzone on the encoders.

They already have a center detent. I'm not sure both is needed.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,681 mod
    Options

Center detent is a dead zone basically, the problem is it's range is drastically wider than the phisical position of the detent.

• Zyklon.T
    Zyklon.T Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Coming from the X1 MK2 these changes just feel bizarre to me I guess. Having CUE bottom left and PLAY bottom right feels like home 😅

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

It matches the layout of the cue and play button on cdjs.