New Kontrol S MK3 bricked during firmware update

Options
2»

Comments

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    Options

All the screens look correct. Not sure why the update is taking so long. I believe there have been other reports of the update taking a long time, I don't recall there being a specific solution.

If you haven't already done so I would set it up before you go to bed and let it run overnight, perhaps even 24 hours if that's possible.

• corbonqlus
    corbonqlus Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

A firmware update should not take more than 10-15 minutes, let alone 4 hours that I have already waited. Again, this has now affected 2 different keyboards. I was able to try running the firmware update with a Mac this afternoon. On the mac the firmware update states that the upgrade has failed after ~1 minute. This occurred with both keyboards.

1 week and still no word from Native Instruments Support.

• reffahcs
    Options

I agree that a firmware update shouldn't take that long. I've only heard of 1 or 2 cases of that happening, so I figured I would pass along the info.

@Matthew_NI perhaps you can help this fine person get their ticket expedited now with 2x Kontrol MK3 keyboards and neither one in working order. Trouble ticket submitted a week ago.

• corbonqlus
    corbonqlus Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Crazily enough letting it run indefinitely worked, it took nearly 10 hours! It would be nice if there was some way to track progress. I ultimately saw you mention using wireshark to check the usb interface, and I saw data in/out. So, I just let it run, and 10 hours later in the corner of my eye in my office/studio, I saw it light up!!!

• reffahcs
    Options

@corbonqlus I'm not sure why it's the case, but glad you finally got it working. The only thing that comes to mind would be that it's a serial port connection under the hood and for some reason it negotiated a slower than normal speed? Without knowing how their process works it's all just speculation. Hopefully NI can look at your system details and figure something out.

I agree though that this product launch has not been great and plagued with a ton of problems. I hope someone at NI has been taking notes.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 633 Pro
    Options

I've heard of firmware updates taking 10 or more hours before. Not sure if it was here in the forums or elsewhere, but yeah.

• manu333
    manu333 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I had the same Problem!

Firmware 0.0.1 / ERROR 02 / 'Something went wrong' on the keyboard's display etc.

What I did was USE ANOTHER USB-C CABLE! Then it worked just fine! I hope that will help you, too!

Prior the update did not succeed neither with Mac nor WinPC.

For me it was only THE FACTORY CABLE that came with the controller! DAMN!

• gagnon_38
    gagnon_38 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

Hi !

Have you resolved your problem? I have the same problem with my controller.

THANKS !

Eric