Sample Audio Playback Glitched When Some Older Ensembles Recalled in DAW (Initialization Error?)

Options
Rinoa
Rinoa Member Posts: 13 Member
edited October 2023 in Reaktor

Hey guys, I've been having a pretty frustrating time dealing with an issue. Ensembles that play samples such as RandomStepShifter from the Factory Library will work fine when initially loaded but after saving a session with it in a DAW and recalling the session will be stuttering in a very glitched way. (I've tested and experienced this in Logic Reaper and Ableton). I've experienced this issue in basically every loop based ensemble in the UL (Amen Falter, Breakloop, LoGJammer, etc). The common thread between all of these may be audio tables, but I am still not much of an expert when it comes to Reaktor I first noticed this behavior when trying to add RandomStepShifter into an existing Ensemble and noticed it stutter wildly but act fine if I loaded RandomStepShifter from the library first and then edited the ensemble around that. Made me think it had something to do with some legacy mode or something, but now that this is happening every time I recall a session the problem seems more serious. Does anyone else experience this? I am on the most recent version of Reaktor and MacOs Ventura. Thanks for any help.

UPDATE

Seems to be some kind of initialization error; changing the sample rate back and forth in Reaktor solves the problem, but I still cannot prevent the problem from happening in the first place. Anyone experience this? I'd assume the Factory Library would fix bugs like these.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quietschboy
    Quietschboy Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

I see what you are talking about when just loading Breakloop.ens into Reaktor 6.4.0 VST inside Cubase 5. Then saving the project and reloading...

Maybe @Paule already mentioned something about resaving older ensembles (R3, R4?) in the actual version. But as i see for now, this itself doesn´t help. Some structural change seem to be needed. I am uncertain. At least it seems to be a Reaktor Sample Player Module thing.

I have a deeper watch.

• Quietschboy
    Options

I see Breakloop was last saved with R6 in UL. No old ens problem...

• Rinoa
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks for checking this out. So far I've also found that Scenario in the Factory Library behaves this way. If its really a deep level issue I hope NI will patch it sooner than their usual release schedule with Reaktor...

• Quietschboy
    edited October 2023
    Options

It´s weird.

Does it always stay stable after changing (or updating) the sample frequency in Reaktor VST, then saving the DAW project? No more problems then when reloading the DAW project

• Rinoa
    edited October 2023
    Options

It stays fine and stable until I save and reload the session, which always causes the issue even if I had saved the session after updating the sample rate in the VST.

Same thing with dragging them into pre-existing ensembles (even in Reaktor standalone mode). Every time they are dragged in as Instruments as opposed to loaded as their own ensembles they will do the same glitch as reloading VSTs until the sample rate is updated.

• Quietschboy
    Options

OK, i myself didn´t work with Sample Players in Reaktor or Reaktor VST, yet, but:

I can´t think of this is a new bug. Someone must have recognized that before. It seems to happen also with R6 Files in old DAWs (my Cubase5.5 2011) and new DAWs (if your ones are latest).

I´ll check out if this has been reported to the beta community so far. if not, i´ll do it.

• Rinoa
    Options

Thanks! Yeah its driving me crazy that I can't seem to find anyone else who has noticed this, but thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one.

• Quietschboy
    Options

Rinoa, i reported it, stay calm and make many coffees/teas inbetween...