Audio Interface NI Audio 4 Timecode Vinyl Sound noticeable

Options
guego
guego Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I use the Audio4 audio interface with the original Y-cable, together with Traktor Pro 3 and the Timecode Vinyl MK2. I use the Ortofon Concorde Digital cartridge.

I have installed the latest driver version and activated the timecode mode in the Audio 4 interface. I use an Ecler Warm2 mixer and switch between real vinyl and timecode vinyl with the Line/Phono switch. In Traktor Pro 3, I set everything as usual. I can also switch between Line and Phono to switch between timecode and real vinyl.

However, if I am set to Line and use the timecode vinyl, I hear the audio frequency from the timecode record every time I mix. I hear that high pitched sound when I record or stream a set. When I play the normal vinyl record in "phono" mode, it jumps back and forth in the song in Traktor Pro.

How can I reduce the sound of the timecode record and switch to the real vinyl without Traktor Pro trying to calibrate it?

Tagged:

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

Do you only hear that DVS whine from the needle, or is it also hear it on the speakers/headphones/recording?

Because it's normal coming from the needle.

------------------

Instead of using Y cables, you could set the audio interface to pass thru. That will send the signal from turntable directly to the mixer. It's in the manual how to do that.

Or you can switch the deck to live input. Then the vinyl will go through traktor, which means you can also use some effects on it. But it will ad a small delay. No Y cable needed.

• guego
    edited October 2023
    Options

thank you for the quick reply.

I can hear the noise on the speakers, headphones and recording.

I still want to be able to switch between line/phone.

but the high pitch sound is not bearable for me and especially you can hear it in the stream or on the recording. i wonder if it would be better with another audio interface, or just with a mixer with dvs certification from traktor.

is there anything i can do to improve it?

• lord-carlos
    Options

That noise should not come from speakers/headphones. Weird.

What happens if you use a DVS and unplug the phono cables that go into the mixers?

• guego
    Options

i have now unplugged phono again, once at the mixer and audio interface at the same time. it makes no difference.

i really have no idea what to change. maybe the problem is no longer with a dvs mixer or with serato.

• guego
    Options

here is the execution when everything is plugged in normally. and the input is displayed on the mixer, is this the case for others as well? the mixer is set to line.

• lord-carlos
    Options

Mhh

Can you verify these thigs:

• You hear a humming sounds when you play the dvs vinyl
    • You don't hear the sound when you play a normal vinyl
    • Do you hear anything if everything is hooked up, in "dvs mode" (line in on the mixer, traktor on etc.) but not playing anything? As in no spinning record

Could be a grounding issue. Not sure.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,095 mod
    Options

Yeah could be a brocken cable or something with a ground issue like @lord-carlos has said.

• guego
    Options

It's not the hum like when you forget the ground wire.

It is really the noise from the timecode vinyl.

it is only very quiet but definitely noticeable. i have a link to a recording for testing. the sound is most audible from the first second. uwe i have sent you the link in soundcloud. carlos I can not post the link here. 😞