X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

Options

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,829 mod
    Options

As requested, X1MK3 alternate mixer layout.

• Knob/Button 1: HI+MID eq controls
    • Knob/Button 2: LO eq controls
    • Knob/Button 3: MixerFX controls including different colours according to Traktor GUI
    • Knob/Button 4: VOL+CUE controls
    • Adapted FX screen display

Shift+Button 3 will cycle through Filter/MixerFX, but no text feedback on the screens for different MixerFX like for standard FX cycling. I wanted to keep the mod small and quick. Adjusted files in this archive are in their corresponding folders. After making a safety copy of Traktor's qml folder, just copy the containing qml folder on top, which will overwrite 2 of the qml files.

Compatible with all browser mods in this thread. Enjoy. 🦋

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,464 Expert
    Options

Nothing I need. But good to see some custom mappings from the community 👍

I need to build something to control the preview player.

• Shift + whatever = load selected song into preview player and play
    • if a song is in preview player, using a rotary encoder ff the preview player
    • loading a track into a deck will stop preview player
    • Shift + whatever will also stop preview player

Is this possible with qml?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Yup. I planned to do this even before my X1 arrived. In the works. :)

• Sûlherokhh
    edited October 2023
    Options

Here is my personal variant:

• Shift: Tap to toggle BrowserView (and unload preview player)
    • Browse Encoder: stock NI functions
    • Left Loop Encoder: in BrowserView navigates Tree
    • Right Loop Encoder: in BrowserView load and seek preview player
    • SHIFT+Right Loop Encoder: cycle through favourites or jump to preperation list.
    • Loading a track unloads preview player as well.

This version doesn't automatically enter/leave BrowserView (tap shift for that). I am still tinkering with the screens. I plan to show a seeking strip for the preview player in the right screen and a BrowserView indicator for the left screen. Right now the only indicator is a solid shift LED.

Compatible with the 'alternate mixer layout'. The mod is how i envisioned it, best fitting to my own workflow. I hate using shifted layers and prefer using just one hand for controls. This is especially true for the X1, with the shift button in the middle. Try it. But i can customize other variants of this.

Enjoy. 🦋

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,464 Expert
    Options

Woooow. I just played around with it for a few tracks and it feel good. Very natural. The preview player control during BrowserView was a good call.

Thanks for the mapping.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Further mod to the responsiveness of the top screens. Shows my selection of MixerFX when selecting or using them. I am still working on extracting the actual MixerFX from the Mixer Preferences page, but you can already see what it is going to look like when it is done.

All previous installation advice given applies.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited November 2023
    Options

Simple SYNC-only-on-tap mod

Here is a mod for the SYNC button. If you hold down the SYNC button (without the mod), look at the screen to see the track BPM, decide not to change the BPM and take the finger off the SYNC button, deck SYNC gets toggled, even if you don't want it to. With this mod, only a short tap will toggle the SYNC state.

Features:

• Tap Sync: Toggles SYNC.
    • Hold Sync: Does NOT toggle SYNC, so you are free to hold the button to just check current track BPM on the screen, without having to adjust the BPM in order to NOT toggle SYNC.

Installation: Replace the file found here...

"...\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\X1MK3\X1MK3TransportButtons.qml"

with this file:

Can be combined with every other mod in this thread.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 208 Pro
    Options

Could the "shift" function be integrated into "Sync" when held down?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Yes, sure. It'll be a bit of work. I was close to forgetting about it. For the bottom deck control section, right?

• vicente foi
    vicente foi Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm following the thread and I've tried several things, especially opening the browser with shift...

... there's great work there, but it seems illogical to me that Native hasn't already implemented it as standard. Nor is there any possibility in the mixer mode to give more gain to the decks. There would be some possibility of implementing it even if it were with double function... I mean shift+high from the equalization section for example.

• derwerling
    derwerling Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Folks,

i feel dumb, because i want to use the modifications, but i cannot find the destination on my Mac. I have no Folder "Resources64" or "CSI" and cannot find any "qml" Files on my System. I tried with the "hidden files" Option in Finder but nothing shows up.

Can you help me ?

best regards

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Can you open the originating folder that your Traktor shortcut leads to?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

I have been adjusting the deck screens for the BrowserView mod the last couple of days and i am making good progress. Expect an update soon, including a track strip for the preview deck.

Also i found out that any FX Unit ordering in the setup mode of the X1 that is not 1-2 (3-4) is mixing up the assignments even on unmodded NI-original files. In addition, the Mixer mode only adjusts decks A and B. I assume someone made a mistake while attempting to translate the device setup settings through the decks to the FX section, some simple mistake but seemingly correct. This is what held me up publishing right away, but i leave that malfunction in for now. Too many construction sites stretches my concentration thin.

Too bad for anyone using two X1 with the config C-A + B-D. N.I. should really throw some more money at their programming chapter.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited November 2023
    Options

(6) Expanded Browser View mod with Screen Support:

This qml mod combines the following mods ...

• (2) Simple Tempo Adjust mod
    • (3) Expanded Browser View mod with Preview Player
    • (5) Simple SYNC-only-on-tap mod

In addition it features:

• SYNC-as-SHIFT: this works for the bottom buttons on the same side as the SYNC button.
    • Browser View indicator: SHIFT button LED will blink when in Browser View.
    • Screen Support: When in Browser View, the deck screens display what you can do with the loop encoders. At the bottom of the right screen is a preview deck strip for scrolling through. The words 'Preview Player' will blink when the player is running a track.

Compatible with (4) Alternate Mixer Layout mod. There will be an update fixing NI mistake with the mixer-to-deck controls as well as adding gain control at a later date. This is completely separate from the expanded browser view mod.

All caveats apply, make a safety copy of your qml files first.

If you enjoy this mod as much as i do, consider supporting me. Now go out and rock the club! 🦋🎧