Stem separation in Maschine

Options
2»

Comments

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited January 14
    Options

Those do sound like really great examples. It would be amazing if this works as well as it sounds from those examples, but I still suspect that these might have been selected choices because i've been deceived before from video examples to real world experiences.

So Akai are the first to release this in controller mode and now the race is on to see who will be the first to release Stems for standalone.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    Options

This aged so well, now that MPC has included stems separation 🤣

come on NI, get with the game!

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    edited January 14
    Options

That quality might actually be the best I've heard yet from any Stem separation software. Though I haven't heard anything from Izotopes algorithm.

• SIBA_11
    SIBA_11 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

All the Reviews Ive seen say the stems sound great.

Its time for N.I. to step up their Maschine software and update it like since the first version...

They risk losing folks like myself who will go back to Akai if N.I. lags to far behind.

Its crazy to think that 6-7 years ago MAsch was well ahead of MPC as far as features etc... and they slacked, preferred top focus on this mediocre Play, Kontakt and Komplete. They completely cancelled the expansion packs for Maschine that were very cool. They abandoned the iMaschine app which I really digged and used heavily when traveling or times I didnt want to turn the iMac, where I can make a quick compo and easily upload it to my mac and seamlessly into Maschine softyware...

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited January 20
    Options

This one is more of a real world demo, at least the kinda stuff I use to make stems. It's hit and miss really and depends a lot on high quality, less busy tracks to get the highest quality usable stems that you see in most demos.

https://youtu.be/Xxc83FNJalA?si=nKxLjCDoFQ-gGprp

• raphaël_
    raphaël_ Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

i think the stem separation of the mpc works really well. what is really nice is, that you can blend in and blend out via the q-link knobs and mixing the individual stems to your liking. although i would be more excited if time-stretching would be improved on the maschine+, i have to say that im a jealous, how the whole mpc line is progressing (while maschine dont).

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,944 mod
    Options

It looks like Logic joins the Stem gang… Even the iPad version.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,176 Guru
    Options

….on Apple's own M series chips only.