Why no random preset button in Komplete Kontrol?

2»

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey just jumping in to say I've added a feature request tag to this post so we don't miss it. We should be able to share more (hopefully next month) about how we approach feature requests moving forward, like if/how they'll be considered by the product team, process etc.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@JesterMgee I agree that it is sort of embarassing that many little, but usefull things have not been implemented yet.

By Clips I meant Clips. The thing that sort of complements Patterns and goes independently of Section borders.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Hmmm, still not sure what you mean in KK by "Clips" can you post a screenshot of what you refer to?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Not KK, Maschine 2. I forgot, thread is about KK.

• Syngularity
    Syngularity Member Posts: 10 Member

I added an own thread, because I didn't see this one - due to time limits:

"As the content of nksf files is growing and growing... please add a random sort option for the nksf browser, as other developers do for ages to get inspired by their content.

This would be as nice for all the factory/user presets of Komplete Kontrol as for the Maschine hardware/software."

The friendly Matt closed my thread with the hint to this one - and YES, Random sort should be a very important future function!

• Beatback
    Beatback Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2022

I understand JesterMgee totally.

I think Native Instruments is relying on old projects .

Native Instruments dropped Kore , but Kore has nice feature like Control Macros that could be implemented in Komplete Control or Maschine.

Native Instruments is a bit of halting future innovations.

Maschine could be updatetd in a way that a dicontinued hardware Jam can be used as it is meant to .

This controller was for live recording scene or pattern changes that was never implemented in maschine.

Maybe Native Instruments has a problem with few software engineers.

They fired a lot of them a couple of years ago....

Random preset button in komplete kontrol or maschine could be a time saver!

Thanks go out to JesterMgee for his effords in nks!

• JesterMgee

Thanks go out to JesterMgee for his effors in nks!

Cheers.

Maybe Native Instruments has a problem with few software engineers.

All we can ever do is speculate what is going on as there is never any hint of an insight, only hints about possible hints. Based on the slow/lack of software updates and the heavy focus on releasing expansion content, subscription models and the partnering with all these different companies, flogging on Plugin Boutique and the fact that the tone of the new forum is really aimed to make sure new users are hand held and not frightened off (to the point you cannot suggest RTFM anymore without a warning) suggests there is a bit of a desperate need to pull in new money. The sea of music production is a crowded and flooded one these days, it's not 2003 anymore, and I think a lot of users now realise there is also slim chance of making it with such oversaturation so less are investing big or just investing in the basics.

It's clear (to me anyway) that software is no longer the focus of NI, the innovation of the past is slowly being eroded and replaced with "content" like that new free game that relies on selling DLC. NI is going the way of EA Games

Now been 2 months, anything to update on this?

• anthony-1979
    anthony-1979 Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2022

I think it's really really rude that this topic is being ignored by NI.

I paid big money to have access to all my sounds and NI are blocking me from accessing them by making me hear always the same sounds over and over again.

Do they not understand that the product is not functional as is? You CANNOT filter through 58,000 sounds by having a few measly filters which when pressed show the EXACT SAME SOUNDS AT THE TOPS OF THE LISTS. What is there not to understand about this? Are we gonna get it when we are all ready to die and stop making music? It takes nothing to add this in. Nothing. Now I'm showing great emotion because it's gotten to the point where it is greatly insulting that you can't add a MEASLY little sorting option so that I and many others can access our ridiculously large list of sounds. The product is designed to make finding sounds "easy" and yet it is doing nothing but crippling the sound-finding process.

6 months later and not even a "nod" to say that we are being heard.

• JesterMgee

Maybe a tad overdramatic there, it would certainly be a nice thing to have and more than welcomed but if it cripples your workflow to the point you are curled up in a ball on the floor, you probably have bigger issues at play than simply having to click in a random location in a list as a starting point.