Orchestra of Noize

Options
13»

Comments

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor
    Options

Great your digging Colosso... Nagumo is a bit trickier to fix without losing its sound. Its the filters in the kiks and the snare whack out the numbers close to infinity. Might have to redesign or swap them out, but then I'll lose the presets...

218 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Argh! Fingers crossed that you´ll find a way, its a brilliant .ens! xD

• Cal Scott
    Options

Yeah no worries, theres always a way! Its a fave of mine aswell, asides from cutting out its results never failed me yet.

First gonna cloud backup everything i got so i can chill a bit. Then i can take the oppurtunity to make it better, cause i built it when i hardly new core.

Its got me thinking and instead of building to my limit, i am gonna start building to yours! Cause i can't produce right now, i almost completley destroyed my computer and when i use a DAW its just an insane ammount of noise. Standalone in Reaktors bad enough, but i can wear ear defenders and its ok.

I mean if Orc of Noise runs at 20% on yours and its 100% on mine, that means i can build 4 times more complex and an ensemble would run at 80% on yours...thats bonkers right?

Haha can't wait. Half the stuff i started i couldn't really finish cause of stupidly slow CPU limits, and no multicore.

218 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Okay, great that Nagumo can somehow be fixed. No rush, I know it will be worth the wait :-D

I did not think of the CPU difference in those terms, but your right xD Wow, I already think your .ens are very complex, but I would not mind seeing the result of something built without you having to worry too much bout CPU power:-O

Which cloud service do you use?

• Cal Scott
    Options

Having some wild ideas for building over my limit, not necessarily 4x, but maybe a few! cause i still need to monitor, i think if i build 2x i could monitor at 22khz and still hear roughly what the output is doing ok, but at 4x i would have to monitor at 11khz which may or may not work, but i could always mute sections of the structure and still monitor at 44khz...

But i would try keeping it simple to use on the GUI, it just means i could do more in core...depends on compile times aswell. Gonna check it all out and see.

For cloud backup, i was thinking either archive.org if they accept zips up to around 1gb, but maybe even Bandcamp, i think they have an 800mb limit. I'm thinking you can make an album, upload any old track, add a zip as a bonus item, and set it to private. Still got to check em out both out.

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 829 Guru
    Options

These sorts of audio cutouts that need a reset to fix can be caused by divide by zero, or overloading of log, exp etc.

Divide by zero can be tricky because an audio signal rarely hits zero exactly enough to be a problem. So you get a very rare cutout. I'd search for divisions that are not protected and are fed by a signal that doesn't guarantee not to hit zero at some point.

Unbounded feedback can also cause it, but that's something that is less likely to be intermittent :-D

• Cal Scott
    Options

Thanks Col. I am sure your right, but i am not sure how or where to put in a reset?.

I was thinking the cut outs were because some of the numbers get so large, like to the power of 20 or more. And at some point it gets too much for Reaktor to calculate.

Its probably both!

I built Nagumo ages ago before i even new about debug mode, so hopefully i can auto-avoid these sort of problems in the future.