Orchestra of Noize

Options

Comments

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor
    Options

Try this version... got a good feeling i nailed it this time.

Noise is like a really fast string of random numbers, and with so many gens i guess at some point they get all too high or low and a collision occurs that clips it out. So i added a bunch of saturators to squash them back into range.

218 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Holy S**T 😮 I did not expect you to have a B-version this fast! Thank you very much Cal, I´ll test it later tonight. I actually remember quite clearly when you uploaded the 1st version. I was really excited to try it and it just ate my old machine in 2 seconds, haha xD If possible I would also like to try the first version and see how it runs on my current Thinkpad:-D

Options

@Cal Scott Im extremely happy to report that version 11B is running without any problems. I´ve been enjoying its glorious output for the last hour and a half xD This SO freaking awesome! Thank you once again :-D🙏🙏

• Cal Scott
    Options

Fantastic... thats great, sure i will can make the same mod on the original 13 gen version and post it later on.

Might even be a double or triple bonus, cause i got a few other ensembles that i never uploaded cause they dropped out occasionally.

Lets see if i can resurrect them...

• Cal Scott
    Options

Here is the original with an extra 2 gens, also the snare is different. I made the same mod so should run ok.

Yeah hopefully the others will run without clipping aswell, and i get them up next week

Options

Thank your for uploading the original again:-D It seems to be running flawless here and my CPU is around 20% with this one :-)

Im very much looking forward to the others xD!

• Cal Scott
    Options

Nice... and only 20% CPU. Oh man i can't wait to upgrade, my setups ancient and sounds like a noise gen.

Options

I love noise gens ;-D

Thank you for the 2 new uploads both are really f**king awesome!!! xD

I´ve just been sampling Nagumos Space Station and im afraid the sound also dissapears completely after a while:-O I have no idea why, as I mainly had it running on auto gen. Its does run a little longer than Orchestra of Noize did before the fix, but it happened 3 times within 20 - 30 min.

• Cal Scott
    Options

Yeah i was half expecting that. I only ran this version for 10 mins and it was ok, but i will try the same fix and repost. The version i have run hundreds of times does cut out, but i could not find it. Its similar just no Vosim and a different snare. I'll have deeper look in the cauldren... might be cool to have both, its also a bit lighter on CPU.

I am sure theres a few more noise based Gens aswell and one more feedback Gen. There is also some chaos bands, the R5 collection, and a bunch of stuff that was on the old forum that has been deleted...

I will try getting them all up over the next few months...gonna be a rockin 2024!

• Cal Scott
    Options

I made the fix and re-uploaded Nagumo...maybe you can confirm its running ok when you get a chance, cheers!

edited February 1
    Options

@Cal sorry bout the late reply, just moved to new apartment and in the process of setting up the most important part of my home; laptop, soundcard, external screen, and speakers to blast out non stop noise gens ;-D Downloading Nagumo now! xD

Options

@Cal Scott Nagumo unfortunately still cuts out completely. It happened twice yesterday; one of them being almost instantly after I opened it. The second time was after a while. Today it opened it in a blank Ableton project and started running it using auto gen only. After 15 - 20 min the sound dissapeared:-O

• Cal Scott
    Options

Ok, thanks for letting me know... i will try again. Orc of Noize needed a triple wammy of saturators to tame it, so I'll try that with Nagumo.

Options

I´ll be ready to do some extensive testing xD

Your other new uploads are all right up my alley and I will explore each of them in detail. Will do some sampling of The Gruesome Gen : Colossosaurus later tonight :-D