Is Maschine Plus discontinued?

Options
2»

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Well... I applaud them.

But it's not comparable, I can expect that sort of thing from a Boutique synth company, it's one of the advantages of being a small operation. It doesn't seem to be a countermeasure of the product being discontinued as they still sell it.

AFAIK they have 1 product while NI has a ton, exposing their code is not really a big deal, it's firmware is bare-metal so it works for that device alone on the other hand NI has many products and the M+ uses adapted software from a computer app, it needs an OS so exposing it's code means exposing a lot about NI's stuff... Big companies often have unreasonable concerns about their IP.

The bottom line would be: if the M+ became open-source then by consequence so would Maschine SW in general, which I must say, would be awesome but will never happen.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

I respectfully disagree, all we want is the hardware. Give the key to using it. Someone can just programme in the OS and functionality. The fact it can be used as a dumb MIDI controller alludes to what it can do with/without the Maschine 2.0 software. The MK3 doesnt have a CPU, RAM and storage like a synth device but the Plus does, there lies the independence.