Is Maschine Plus discontinued?

Options
Wilmar Boer
Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 63 Helper
edited July 2023 in Maschine

On the NI website under Maschine Hardware or Maschine Production Systems the Plus isn't there anymore. Is the Plus discontinued?

See: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/hardware/maschine/

Or: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/hardware/maschine/production-systems/

It is only mentioned on this general overview page: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/catalog/

But then as you click on see all Maschine products you get to the page I mentioned above and the Plus is gone.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Towjam
    Towjam Member Posts: 29 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you already own it and are you logged in to the site with your Native ID account? The reason I ask is because I own an S61. If I browse hardware while I'm logged in, all the S and A series keyboards show up EXCEPT the S61. If I log out then browse, the S61 shows up.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Relax... It's def not discontinued.

NI can be crazy at times but not crazy enough to kill a 3-year-old product.

I see it al over those pages, logged in or not, and across multiple browsers.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

That's strange, I see Maschine+ on all those pages, and it's in stock.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

Yep it's all there. Added on to cart just to be sure - all in stock. More importantly, are you sure about getting the Maschine+

• Towjam
    Towjam Member Posts: 29 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you already own it and are you logged in to the site with your Native ID account? The reason I ask is because I own an S61. If I browse hardware while I'm logged in, all the S and A series keyboards show up EXCEPT the S61. If I log out then browse, the S61 shows up.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,141 Expert
    Options

It indeed appears as if products that you own already are automatically hidden from view. Sounds helpful at first, but not sure if that's an optimal solution?! Now you have to google for a product to find its product page again.

Personally, I'd rather prefer that owned products are still shown but maybe overlaid with a half-opaque layer and sporting an icon that tells you "You own this"? Or, maybe just bring that previous "Show/Hide owned products" link back?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

What’s even less functional…it is working for some things and not for others.

If I go into the Maschines page, it doesn’t show me Maschine+ and Mikro MK3, since I own them. But is showing me Maschine MK3 (and I also own it).

And what’s even worst…it shows me iMaschine 2…with the new logo belonging to the guys who decided to kill it…😒

And also…thank you for telling me that a 18w power supply exists…such a pity it is “out of stock” from years…

Edit: noticed now: in the Traktor page it shows me the products I own. I start to think it has nothing to do with what one owns or not…

• DollarYK
    DollarYK Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Browsing from iphone I see no difference by logging on/off.

However, obviously M+ is not listed as featured item - but mk3 is.

It seems currently M+ is completely ignored by NI by means of promotion of any sort.

Not a good sign apparently.

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 103 Advisor
    Options

AN interesting thing here... I immediately thought "if this happens, I'm just moving to AKAI hardware and keeping only Komplete for sounds"... guess what?! NI maybe happy with this. They still know that Komplete is the best offering there for years to come. If they don't want to support hardware, they will just do it. So be happy with your unit and make music. I personally don't care about NI or any other company/brand if they exist or not. We (users) just buy it for making music, and not for supporting the company :) same works vice-versa... they sell us software/hardware for making music now, not for supporting it for years :) unfortunately, that's how it works.

Well, just a thought of a hobbyist musician, I'm not a professional. So maybe I'm wrong...

• D-One
    Answer ✓
    Options

Relax... It's def not discontinued.

NI can be crazy at times but not crazy enough to kill a 3-year-old product.

I see it al over those pages, logged in or not, and across multiple browsers.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    edited July 2023
    Options

Well, it has taken about three years to kill Traktor Kontrol S5 and D2.... :-( But they still work great and may be used in Traktor even five years since then.

Concerning M+. Hard to say. As there has not been sale with discount of M+, yet, it will most probably "live" at least for one more year. Maybe even more.

• DollarYK
    DollarYK Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

M+ is not listed in featured products section and that is the cause of confusion IMO.

If we click “Maschine” it is all about mk3.

We must click “See all products” to reach out to M+.

Elektron website for instance, provides more even access to all of their hardware.

Needless to say they basically only sell hardwares and that is not the case for NI.

By the way last official youtube video about M+ was posted 10 months ago and since then everything is about software and plugins those can not be run on M+.

It is hard to imagine M+ development is so much important for them but time will tell.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Options

So what if the product is still offered and sold when basically nothing is happening and the last update that brought something was last fall :(

• GoKeez
    GoKeez Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Can NI kick rocks barefooted?

Seriously. I’m just trying to get a beat on what they actually can do? I cannot tell anymore. At the moment, I don’t need any updates from them as I’ve already sold my NI gear. Conversely, I’d love nothing more than to see evidence of them passionately kicking huge jagged rocks barefooted.

It won’t make me buy anything else from them but it would make me happy. I deserve to be happy NI.

Rocks. Kick em. Please. I’ll repost the video everywhere. “NI Rocks” would go viral. Everyone wins.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    Options

Ok so it sounds like it’s just a website issue and not any official announcement so that’s good.

I would hope that in the event that the M+ ever does get discontinued/not supported, I would hope they would “open source” the hardware a bit so we could mod it by having access to the internal memory and file structure on the device. Like maybe experiment with getting different plugins to work on it or modifying some of the internal functionality of the device.

• D-One
    edited July 2023
    Options

If they did that then it getting discontinued could be the best thing to ever happen to the M+, assuming enough users with knowledge and free time own one, I have never seen any company do that tho, it means exposing a lot of their proprietary stuff.

With all the recent talk about repairability and the EU forcing things on companies like using USB-C (iPhone), user-replaceable batteries, etc, I would love a law that forces all companies to release source code for any hardware that gets discontinued... Like audio interfaces that longer have drivers, standalone tech, etc.