Comments

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Options

nothing has happened since one year - poor

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

What should have happened? Have there been advancements in the world of Physics that some of us are not aware of?

Pretty sure most of the issues reported here are lack of understanding the difference between loading a synth using 5MB of wavetables Vs loading a Kointakt library some 3GB+ in size.

The issue in this thread is there are complaints about terms such as "takes ages" but no steps for someone to follow to even try and confirm, or a list of specs about the computer, drive used etc.

I've used KK a long time, I have not see it behave outside expectations both standalone and within a DAW . Some instruments can take a while to load, some are much quicker. Yes in some cases loading a NKS preset takes a slight longer time than seleecting the same preset within a plugin but there are numerous factors around this that will cause an increase in delay.

Need specs and some way to reproduce the tests of what you see (using NI based products preferably) to look any further.

• sacer11
    Options

Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 take 3 seconds to open up as plugin and battery 4, Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 take 4 minutes each to show up as plugin on Ableton. there is something wrong if you have many NKS sounds. It’s a real mess, I have hundreds of other plug-ins that show up in seconds.

i have a fast high end pc pn 4 gen m.2

also KK and Maschine take 2 minutes on every standalone opening because they scan always the same VST plug-ins like some Izotope plug-ins etc.

it’s not the time to open up a library on Kontakt 7 - even large orchestra need need only seconds - it’s the opening time as plugin and Standalone. There are lot of other users with these problems on Win and Mac.

if you have saved only one instance with battery 4, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine or Kontakt 7, Ableton takes real 4 minutes to open the same project, when switching Kontakt 7 with Kontakt 6 and it only needs 5 seconds to show up.

i have opened a ticket, but since two weeks no answer

• JesterMgee
    Options

battery 4, Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 take 4 minutes each to show up as plugin on Ableton. 

How do you mean? do you mean they take 4 minutes to actually load/display when you drag one of these in from the browser, or when you open Live it takes 4 minutes before you see them appear in the browser or when you open a saved project it takes 4 minutes to load (and how many tracks and what tracks)?

also KK and Maschine take 2 minutes on every standalone opening because they scan always the same VST plug-ins like some Izotope plug-ins etc.

Not the case on my system, takes maybe 10 seconds if I allow the scanner to rescan but you can press ESC if you know there are no new plugins. Possibly you have paths in your plugin list set that don't contain VST3 plugins. Post a screenshot of the plugin paths.

if you have saved only one instance with battery 4, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine or Kontakt 7, Ableton takes real 4 minutes to open the same project, when switching Kontakt 7 with Kontakt 6 and it only needs 5 seconds to show up.

Not the experience I have however I don't use Kontakt 7, using KK tho I have it in every project from the last 10 years and they all open same as they aleays have, well slightly faster on my new PC but on average, a track with maybe 6 instances of KK and typical set of instruments takes 15-30 seconds to load so something seems wrong there but not specifically a KK issue I don't believe.

Just make sure you do not have duplicates of the KK plugins scattered in your plugin folders and that the plugin being loaded is the same version (in the about properties) as the standalone version.

• sacer11
    Options

No nothing wrong on my paths.

it doesn’t matter if load up the plugin in Ableton or if I open a project in Ableton - it takes every time around 4 minutes. If I delete some xml files from the NKS library it fasten up some seconds. I think it’s a copy protection theme. Kontakt 6 takes only seconds to load up like all my other plug-ins. So I don’t use NI in current projects, because it’s a real timekiller, if you want to load battery 4 and have to wait minutes before the plugin shows up, or want to open this project again.

i have opened two tickets in may but still no answer.

I have started with kore 2 and Komplete 5 and have everything up to Komplete 14 collectors edition. But if they won’t fix this issue - I won’t buy NI again.

• JesterMgee
    Options

Well, if this was an issue with the plugins, everyone would be experiencing it and currently I dont see this issue myself nor do I see a flood of people reporting this issue, so likely it is not an issue with the plugins but with installation or setup somehow.

Personally i'd uninstall Battery as a start, delete the plugin files if they are not deleted after install and reinstall again just to see if that helps because if you wait for this to be fixed by NI, you may be waiting indefinitely.

• sacer11
    Options

There are so much better alternatives from other developers in my plugin folder. I can wait till they fix it and if you Google Kontakt 7 - slow plugin loading times, than there are a lot of people with the same problem.

but for me it doesn’t matter, I‘ll switch to other plug-ins in new projects and maybe won’t update Komplete 14 CE Anymore.