Kontakt 5 stuck in demo mode on M2 Mac.

Options
2»

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,103 Guru
    edited March 28
    Options

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything.

Pretty certain that Kontakt 5 would work just fine with a supported MacOS from that era.

Anyone who decides to change their OS without keeping their software current is changing their ability to manage risk properly. That is not a problem for NI to solve. Especially for a product that was retired years ago.

Software = Change. You can either accept that and navigate the joys (and pitfalls) that come with change or stick with your 2012 Mac and a working copy of Kontakt 5.

And lifetime licenses? Can’t see how any company would last with that model.

VP

• LinkSkellington
    LinkSkellington Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This was finally the fix for me. BIG shoutout to @WIngramMusic for saving the day.

I recently got the M3 and updated all my NI plugins thinking it would help solve the issue, but after 3 days trying to find a solution that worked, turned out @WIngramMusic was right. Here were my steps:

• I installed the older version of Native Access: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/10492337780253-GUITAR-RIG-5-KONTAKT-and-SUPER-8-R2-Open-as-Demo-Versions-on-Apple-Silicon-M-Systems
    • Deleted the Native Instruments folder in Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Native Instruments folder
    • Opened Native Access (3.2.3) and hit the refresh button on the top right

This generated the new ras3 files it needed and when I opened Logic Pro X again, the "Demo" on all my libraries was gone & the presets of my instruments were saved.

Huge relief

• pianopossession
    pianopossession Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@LinkSkellington @WIngramMusic thank you so much!! That fixed it for me too.