Projects with Reaktor 5 say I have to activate

Options
Lomacar
Lomacar Member Posts: 7 Member

I have numerous works in progress and little ideas on my computer which have Reaktor 5 instruments on them. I have Reaktor 5 and 6, but when I try to load these FL Studio projects, the Reaktor 5 instruments, such as Polyplex or Kontour show a pop-up message saying "Your demo period for Player files in this session of Reaktor has expired" with options to Exit, Buy, or Activate and no sound is produced. It wants me to activate with the defunct Service Center.

I tried re-installing Reaktor 5 using Native Access 1 and then 2, but no luck. I still get the same messages.

I figured out a workaround to get things working by saving a preset of the current ensemble or whatever, then replacing the Reaktor 5 instance with Reaktor 6 and reloading the temporary preset. But it is getting annoying to keep doing this and I might not notice in some projects that there are Reaktor 5 instruments producing no sound.

Everything had been working fine until I transferred my SSD with Windows into a new machine. How do I get Reaktor 5 to stop asking for activation?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Lomacar That seems like an activation problem, please reach out to my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Options

I have the same problem. All players like Monark are activated in Reaktor 6 but when i load old projects with Reaktor 5.9.4 all players display that they can run in demop and want to lunch service center.

I also tried to activate them with Native Access 1, also Reaktor 5 is activated, but I can't get them activated in Reakor 5. If i load old projects, i don't knowq what preset i have used, because it's still in demo.

Any advice ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@sacer11 Monark was updated and it broke compatibility with Reaktor 5, that might be the problem here. Here's the installer for Monark 1.3 the last compatible version with Reaktor 5: Monark 1.3

• sacer11
    Options

No i still have an old Monark.ENS but it's not only monark, i have Komplete 5 to Komplete 14 SE and all ensemble players are in demo, while Reaktor 5 itself is activated and all players also in Reaktor 6. But as soon as I want to open an ensemble in reaktor 5 i get this.....

• Jeremy_NI
    Options
  • sacer11
    Options

I am already in touch, but it doesn't help, so I am writing in this forum if any user has solved it.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Thanks for reaching out to us. The issue you are experiencing may be due to Service Center itself. It is no longer our current activation/installation tool. Please use Native Access in order to register, download, and install your products:

[Native Access](https://www.native-instruments.com/specials/native-access/)

If you need a legacy version of Native Access for older OS versions, you can access the versions in this article:

[Native Access Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

](https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/articles/360000407909)

Further information about Native Access can be found in our Knowledge Base:

[Native Access: Frequently Asked Questions

](https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/articles/210314365)

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If not, we can troubleshoot from there

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@sacer11 I understand, but please don't create a thousand posts about the same issue. This looks like the automatic 1st reply, my colleagues will get back to you, I've also highered the priority to your ticket. Unfortunately, I doubt other users will be able to help in this case.

• Robert100
    Robert100 Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited 11:25AM
    Options

I notice now that there are a number of people experiencing this who have been directed to support.

Just a note from my experience with the same issue:

There was a detailed help page for this issue which I cannot find now. So, if I open Reaktor 5 either as standalone or vst, I get the same request to activate, run as demo, buy or enter serial number. I tried all sorts of combinations and the directions from the (unfound) help page.

I noticed though, that if you click on the Demo button, it opens but nowhere in the gui does it mention the word Demo. Using it for any length of time does not seem to trigger anything untoward, and old projects work with any tweaked presets. Some aspects do not work, especially if they are .ens.

Also, if you click on the NI about logo, top right, coloured white and blue, it shows you have a full license and the serial number - at least on mine it does.

At the end of the day, it seems like it works (for me), but I do feel let down as, as far as I can tell, NI do not seem interested in cleaning up their code to solve these issues. I would love to be proved wrong.

If someone with this issue has solved it, or had help to solve it, please post the solution here as an answer to people raising the issues.

All seems a bit wacky to me … sigh.

• Lomacar
    Lomacar Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Well, in my case, in demo mode, the sound eventually stopped after the demo time limit.

My problem was resolved by tech support. They gave me some XML files for all the affected ensembles to put in the "Service Center" folder. Then I had to start up Native Access and it properly registered the plugins.