How to make multiple articulations in Kontakt when making your own library?

Options
Tyra
Tyra Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Scripting Workshop

Hello everyone! I'm new here, so thanks in advance for any help you offer :)

Main idea: I'm currently working on my own library and I have a flute section. I'd like to be able to toggle between Marcattos and Stacattos within the same instrument that is loaded. But I can't find the code or any other resources on how to do it.

More info: I know how to make buttons and knobs, but I have no idea how to tell them to play different articulations. Would it have something to do with putting Marcattos in one group and Stacattos in another, and the "button" on the GUI tells which one to be soloed?

If you know how to do this I would be SO appreciative. Thank you!!

P.S. I'm working in Kontakt 6.

Comments

• jyoung
    jyoung Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hey,

yes you can put your articulations in different groups and then only toggle the group you want to play. You can do it without scripting...in the Group Editor under "Group Start Options" and set a Key Switch there. If you want to script it, you can use:

disallow_group($ALL_GROUPS)

allow_group(0)

The group index starts at 0, 1, 2, etc. So 0 will activate the first group, 1 will activate the second group and so on.

You can then use a switch or a menu to allow specific groups to play.

Hope that helps!

• Tyra
    Tyra Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you SO much for your help.

I have a few more questions if that's okay.

I'm hoping to figure out a button/switch on the GUI (instead of key switches). I think I'm still a little confused about how to connect the switch to that code you mentioned. Would I have to declare the switch? And if so, is there a specific declaration for it I have to make? Maybe you happen to have an example code? I'm having trouble writing it out from start to finish.

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm still so new to this and coding in general haha.

Thank you!!

• corbo-billy
    corbo-billy Member Posts: 84 Helper
    Options

You can alternate two articulations with Velocity modulation in KSP .

on note

if(in_range($EVENT_VELOCITY,0, 66)
        allow_group(find_group("Marcattos")
        disallow_group($find_group("Stacattos")
    end if

if (in_range($EVENT_VELOCITY,67, 127)
        allow_group(find_group("Stacattos")
        disallow_group(find_group("Marcattos")
    end if

end on