How to access pattern arrange mode in MASCHINE STUDIO?

Options
Morgan S
Morgan S Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble to access the pattern arrange mode with my MASCHINE STUDIO, in the manual it seems pretty straightforward:

"In Pattern mode you can adjust the Pattern Length of the current Pattern:

1. Press ARRANGE then Button 2 (PATTERN) to enter Pattern Arrange mode. "

But when i press the ARRANGE button, the labels under the buttons are noted "Scene 1, Scene 2, etc..."

If I press SHIFT + ARRANGE i can choose between IDEAS and SONG view.

Am I missing something here?

Tagged:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Options

I think it means "Press ARRANGE and then Button 2 (PATTERN)" while you keep the ARRANGE button pressed. In the same way as we perform a copy (Ctrl + C) etc.

• Morgan S
    Options

Hello sunburn, thanks for your answer, i tought that was the way to do it but apparently it's not. Is it the same than accesing it theough the events button?

• Ahdee
    Ahdee Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

This also does not work for me. I also don't agree with the explanation that was provided here. "Button 2" indicates that the PATTERN option should be available after pressing ARRANGE and you would select it by Pressing Button 2.

The problem is pressing ARRANGE doesn't provide the PATTERN option, just scenes as the OP stated.

Keeping the ARRANGE button pressed and then pressing PATTERN just leaves you in the regular PATTERN screen.

EVENTS is the only option that comes close, but it still doesn't provide the same options as what is captured in the manual for PATTERN ARRANGE mode.

• Morgan S
    Options

Indeed, i also found that events is the closest to get access to those functions. It seems to be related with the latest firmware update. I don't know if you noticed that to access the variation and randomization you have to press shift+note wich is not the shrtcut indicated on the manual .

• Ahdee
    Ahdee Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I didn't notice that, but I have seen a couple of variances between the hardware and what is in the manual. I thought the same - firmware updates since last publication of the manual.

I was just looking and it looks like you can access all the options that were shown for PATTERN ARRANGE mode between PATTERN and EVENTS. All of the same options are split between those two.

Good luck. 😎