Session Guitar Electric Vintage Crashing Logic

Options

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

So…it seems that part of the problem is for many users tied also to new Kontakt 7 update, if not for all. Can you guys confirm? In this case @christomurr you could add to the title a specification about K7 being involved in the equation to make it more visible.

In the meanwhile, if somebody needs to revert to a previous version to be able to work, here is a link to a previous installer (7.3.1) that @Jeremy_NI provided in another thread

• Christoph R.
    Christoph R. Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Hey JJBennett, that was my idea immediately after I realized that the bug is in the Kontakt 7 update. So I rolled my Time Machine back to Friday and recovered this version of Kontakt player - but you can’t use it until you activate it, can you? Because after restoring the software, I was prompted to activate Kontakt 7 through Native Access which meant installing the same odd version with the bug again 😩

or did you manage otherwise?

best Chris

• christomurr
    christomurr Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Interesting. I also was able to find my backup of Kontakt 7.3.2, but my projects still crash. Did you have to reboot or anything like that?

• JJBENNETT
    JJBENNETT Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

@Christoph R. & @christomurr - I'm not 100% on what order etc. I did, but I was able to find the install file in my back up and after removing the 7.4 completely, I rebooted and installed the 7.3.2 installer.

In my Native Access it prompts me to do the update, which I've ignored, and the stand alone and Logic interface now displays 7.3.2 as the current install/version.

Looks like @LostInFoundation has linked a working install file above for 7.3.1.

Hopefully we can all get back to a working state in the meantime while things get untangled at NI end and hopefully untangled for 7.4.1. 🤞

• Christoph R.
    Options

@christomurr I completely deinstalled Kontakt 7 (deleted all the files and folders that Kontakt installed on my Mac) and then rebooted. After that I restored the Kontakt 7 software from my Time Machine (backup from the day before the update), but when I tried to open Kontakt 7 I had to open Native Access to „activate“ Kontakt player. Did you manage to get around that? Because otherwise you installed the bugged version again, like I did …

l‘m clueless how to restore the software without having to roll back my whole OS a few days (which I‘m not willing to do)

best Chris

• JJBENNETT
    JJBENNETT Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

All going well the linked install file, a few post above, should fix the activation issue with Native access.

Once old version was removed + a reboot, installing the new/old version didn’t give me any hiccups. I double checked in Native Access and it seemed happy enough with the old version other than prompting me to update to 7.4

Hopefully you’re able to have some luck!

• Christoph R.
    Options

@JJBENNETT Thank you so much JJ, I didn't know you could simply ignore the prompt to "activate/update" 😅 that sounds great and makes me hopeful ...I have to try that immediately.

Is it sufficient just to install that older version through the install file, or did you go through all the folders and delete diligently all Kontakt 7 components like I did?

• christomurr
    Options

I'm not sure I can see how to edit the title of this post. Please let me know if there is something I need to do there.

I deleted the Kontakt 7 directory, rebooted, then using the file from Jeremy_NI from above, installed version 7.3.1. It reinstalled the VST and other files so I don't think I need to do anything manually there.

My project booted well, it plays when I hit the play button (with no System Overload message), but there is no sound. Instead I see the error: Kontakt 7: One of more Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly, perhaps due to missing content.

The whole point for me to recovering this way was because I don't know what instruments I had selected and which settings I applied, because I could never get far enough to see before crashing again. If I have to reselect like I was starting a new project, that still doesn't solve the problem. But, perhaps someone has a fix for my new issue :-).

Christopher

• Christoph R.
    Options

Same here the software tells me, Kontakt cannot be "recalled correctly" and I need to go to Native Access and install "future version" of Kontakt player ....unfortunately this doesn't work.

• christomurr
    Options

Now my other projects are messed up after downgrading to 7.3.1. When opening a project with Kontakt 7 instruments I'm seeing the error: Kontakt 7: future application version needed. I'm assuming because these tracks were created using version 7.4.0. This is a bad loop.

Christopher

• Christoph R.
    Options

Oh dear 😳 I'm truly sorry for you. But I already reinstalled Kontakt 7.4.0., because this way I can at least work on a few of my projects that don't use either the Electric Vintage or the Picked Acoustic Guitar.

Isn't there any way to contact NI directly? I looked thoroughly but couldn't find anything apart from this useless AI assistant that narrows down your question, and if your question doesn't fit the standard answers, you're out. Looks like NI don't want to talk to their customers ...how are we are going to make ourselves heard?

Chris

• christomurr
    Options

Jeremy_NI has commented on this thread, so he is aware of it. I hope he is talking to the engineering team. It would be very much appreciated if he or someone else could at least let us know they are trying to help us out. This is a big break, the kind people abandon products for. I'm not going anywhere, I'm generally very happy with their products. But this is a major issue that requires immediate attention.

• Christoph R.
    Options

@christomurr Right, I totally forgot about Jeremy's post earlier today - thanks for reminding me!!

I'm totally with you, they have to solve this really quickly! It is a major issue indeed. Let's hope they talk to us soon and let us know they're working on it all hands on deck.

If you remember the exact settings of any of your projects, rewire your Session Guitar to Kontakt 6 - that works flawless. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact guitar settings for the majority of my projects, so I can only work on a few that use these guitars, but that's my takeaway from this disaster: make notes for every channel in the project 🙌

• christomurr
    Options

You're right Christoph. I am going to reinstall 7.4.0 because that's where we're at. I'll just keep a good thought that NI will get this resolved for us rather than spending more time trying to find a workaround. Thanks again for all your help and support.

• Christoph R.
    Options

Yeah, that's the spirit 🤗 I very much appreciate this conversation, too. Really helped me not to freak out 😅