Trouble with knob coding

Options
Tristan Alexander
Tristan Alexander Member Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2023 in Scripting Workshop

Okay so I know this is absolutely something I’m doing wrong but I’ve watched every video and read every post I can find and still can’t figure this out. I’m trying to assign an image to a slider in the scripting editor but so far I’ve had no luck with the image displaying or functioning properly. Attached below are images I think are relevant. Please help.

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

I am not at all a scripting expert (just some very basic knowledge) but some possible causes might be:

• You are using a horizontal image instead of a vertical
    • You try to use a fader image on a place that you should use a knob image
    • Your number of animations is wrong

By the way, the image with the knob looks like not relative at all! It might be a good idea to give a title on every image, to explain what is what. Either way, i'm afraid that you will not find much help on your case here. I hope i am wrong, but it looks like script experts are very few and they keep their secrets.

• Tristan Alexander
    Options

Thank you for the input! I have tried naming the files differently, for example the knob image and txt file as “Ponytail Bass Knob”, and nothing changed. I also usually use a vertical file and still had the same issue when I tried it here, but I believe the image can be horizontal as well, so I don’t believe that to be the issue. And I have triple checked that the animation number is correct and have tried many different values to try to eliminate that as the cause. I tried 30, 65, 100, and 126 animation frames, and nothing seemed to work there either. In the scripting for Kontakt you must use a slider because an image can’t be assigned to a knob. I really appreciate your input and you’re definitely on the same train of thought as me. Thank you for taking the time to try to help.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

"30, 65, 100, and 126 animation frames"

But, you know, it is not a matter of trying. Every multi-image has a specific number of frames, and you must find the exact number, even if you have to count them manually. And it has to be a PNG image, not a JPG or other format.

• Tristan Alexander
    Options

Yeah sorry. That’s not what I meant. I meant I generated the png with a different number of frames and then updated the txt file accordingly to eliminate the possibility that the number of frames was the issue. That’s not the issue.

• corbo-billy
    corbo-billy Member Posts: 84 Helper
    Options

From the .txt file, provide a tenth blank line, empty.

• medusa
    medusa Member Posts: 85 Helper
    Options

Horizontal Animation: yes! dammit

• Tristan Alexander
    Options

My bad! When I had it horizontal I did have it as yes on the .txt. I must’ve made this post in the middle of a change. Sorry about that! But the blank line was the solution I was looking for. Thanks so much for trying to help out! Really appreciate it.