Itunes library load after huge amount of time

Options
fracta
fracta Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I'm running an MBP2015 I7 - 16gb RAM went Monterey. I have Traktor 3.9...and when I open Traktor it takes almost 3 minutes to load my Itunes library (file size is 72mb).

With previous Traktor 3.6 it was just a question of second.

I m not scanning/analysing the track at the launch of traktor

thanks

Eric

Tagged:

Comments

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 237 Pro
    Options

I have the exact same complaint - except I am on Windows.

My Traktor experience would be VASTLY improved if we could get a fix for this. 🙏

• Patch
    Options

BUMP

I’d love to get an answer from NI on this.

Even if it is “this is not something we’re looking at any time soon”.

• Patch
    Options

Is ANYONE else seeing this, or know what is going on?

How long does YOUR iTunes node take to open?

• alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro
    Options

Also seeing this (on 3.8) - around 120 mb, taking above the 4 to 5 minute mark now (but, it was never seconds... this was always slow ish - i.e. 1-2 minutes imo [I do have 100s of playlists in there though] )...

c.

• Patch
    Options

This is nuts. Traktor shouldn’t have to scan the iTunes library every single time we open the software!!!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hey, just wanted to say our team is aware and we're still investigating whether this is a Traktor or iTunes/Apple Music issue. Does it take a long for your Apple Music to load/close down even when Traktor is not involved?

• Patch
    Options

Hi - thanks for stopping by. 👍🏻 Not especially long. Certainly not as long as it takes Traktor to load the iTunes node.

• Patch
    Options

Hey - any update on this one, @Kaiwan_NI ? 🙏

• radley
    radley Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 9
    Options

It takes 12–15 minutes for Traktor to load the Music tab. It's so slow, I have to remember to do it prior to setup, because Traktor takes longer than anything else.

• Mathias68
    Mathias68 Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 9
    Options

Hello, music app = 5-6 seconds

Traktor Pro = 28 seconds

Serato DJ Pro = 15 seconds

DJ Pro = 8-9 seconds

• qasimjee
    qasimjee Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check for Updates: Ensure that both Traktor and your operating system are up to date. Developers often release patches to address compatibility issues and improve performance.
    2. Clean Library Cache: Sometimes, accumulated cache data can cause performance issues. Try clearing the Traktor library cache and see if it improves the loading time.
    3. Resource Monitoring: Monitor your system's resource usage while Traktor is loading the iTunes library. This can help identify if there are any spikes in CPU, memory, or disk usage that might indicate a bottleneck.
    4. I hope these suggestions help improve the performance of Traktor on your system. Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else please check from this website
  • Patch
    Options

Okay! My CPU usage goes from 4%, to 33%(!) when I open the iTunes node in the Traktor browser, then, drops down again when the iTunes node opens up...

Interesting...