Poll: Should Kontakt offer an option to disable the 'Do you want to save...?' dialog box?

Options
2»

Answers

• Paul B
    Paul B Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    Options

I vote for this. Reaktor as well.

I'll try the plist change. Thanks @Kymeia.

• Paul B
    Paul B Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    Options

I discovered today that Kontakt 7 has a setting for this. Under 'Loading': 'Ask for confirmation when replacing modified instruments.' Working for me.

Reaktor needs a similar setting (I looked and could not find one). When I load Toybox Blocks racks (e.g., on the Tangle synth), every time I load a new rack I have to say no to saving changes. I've made no changes I guess some aspect of the rack applies a change itself as soon as it loads. Since each preset is an individual rack, this makes preset browsing very tedious.

• BroHah@
    BroHah@ Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Good catch, Paul.

Noticed my setting is currently disabled, though the 'Ask' behavior was active until I implemented Sunborn's registry change suggestion.

I reckon that setting is enabled, by default. I theorize that changing that setting writes a registry change.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

Yes, that's the general rule on Windows. Every change you do to a program, is stored either in the registry, either on an external file (usually as .ini, .dat, .bin formats, but there are more of course).

Edit those values, with a text editor (in the case of files) or the Registry editor (in the case of registry), automatically changes the appropriate value in the program, next time you open it.

Those settings also contain options that are hidden inside the program, or options that are not easy to be changed during the installation. A good example is NI libraries. Not matter in which path the installation force you to install, through the registry you can change it on a heartbeat.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

It is not hidden at all, you don't have to edit registry/plist. It's in Options->Loading:

@BroHah@ You cannot make the same change in K6, it doesn't have this option. It was introduced in K7.0.

• bill5
    bill5 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

...says the guy who wrote his regedit fix two times :)

It's ridiculous that you have to edit the registry to get rid of this. It would be so easy to add a "stop asking" option to that modal.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

The latest version 7.50 includes that fix now. Check the comment before yours.