Blocking song ID

electroRogue
electroRogue Member Posts: 8 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I'd like to block song ID being sent to the stream.

Due to other DJ's stealing sets, I can't seem to find options for it, is there any work arounds ?

Tagged:

Comments

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

What kind of setup are you using? Icecast? You could use an Icecast streaming app like "butt" (yes that is its actual name) instead of Traktor's native Icecast implementation. Then you'll stream just the audio and none of the metadata.

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    edited January 2022

This is a extremely bad practice. Your function as a DJ is to expose people to new music that they can actually know what it is. 

(Edited)

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    unfortunately, there isn't a setting to prevent this from happening. If you're using Icecast (which I'm not super familiar with) my assumption is the setting is either on that end or using a workaround such as the one @wayfinder suggested earlier. I have heard of butt before, but don't have much experience with it.
  • wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru
    I want to add that there are other reasons for not wanting to broadcast song titles, such as promos that you're not allowed to name yet
  • electroRogue
    electroRogue Member Posts: 8 Member
    This is a extremely bad practice. Your function as a DJ is to expose people to new music that they can actually know what it is. 

Please stop only thinking about yourself.
    They can ask me what a song is, or I can post a set list. I can say via a mic, to assume this is bad practice .. doesn't really figure.
  • Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
     to assume this is bad practice .. doesn't really figure.
    There is only one definitive "bad practice" when DJ'ing and that is DJ'ing badly.
    Everything else is open to interpretation.

When it comes to being creative, there are no rules.

Karlos.