Reaktor ensembles for M+ standalone.

Options
2»

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Ahh so its a "hidden folder" sort of a deal regarding Maschine+.. what a pity. So that's why the factory content has it but user doesn't. Perhaps they will change that some day..

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

It would be great if NI would provide (access to) proper professional content development tools for Reaktor, Kontakt and Maschine Expansion.

Akai offers the MPC Expansion Builder to create installable Expansions. We need similar tools to create Ensembles, Libraries and Expansions. IMO this could make a huge difference for a lot of users.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

NI had an opportunity to make Sounds.com an appstore style expansion site, taking a cut off of indy creators, all they had to do was make the right tools available, they did start to do it, but then stopped.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

Hoping you are right.

Probably waiting for M+ to expand its capabilities is a waste of time, but making what it already has work good should be a must.

I say should because with new NI you never know…users spending 1000+ bucks on one of their products in the last 2 years don’t mean anything to them…

• Sunken Forest
    Sunken Forest Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

In the shadow of Push 3 having M4L support, I decided to pick up Reaktor in the current sale so I could try out some existing ensembles on the M+, and eventually make my own effects and instruments. It's been an absolute joy to try out the existing ensembles that have been shared, and I've started to port over some others from the user library, including an old emulation of the Sherman Filterbank.

It's been incredibly satisfying to add additional tools to the M+ platform! I don't use the desktop software for anything other than this purpose, and I really think that full Reaktor support could really freshen up the standalone experience.

I wish that there was more of a "hacky" community around this platform too, and live in hope that eventually we'll get there, with or without NI.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Here's copy of Organism 8 I made for my own purposes for Komplete Kontrol but it might work in Maschine + too as the optimisations are similar

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xb8ntp1o0ka0k18/Organism%208%20NKS.zip?dl=0

This also includes previews and a graphic to go in the Image library (that probably won't work in Maschine + standalone though) plus the template file I applied to the ensemble

• LostInFoundation
    Options
  • Sunken Forest
    Sunken Forest Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Is this a Soma Lyra 8 ensemble??? Thanks @Kymeia I'll give this a try on M+ right now!

Edit: Ahh, made with Reaktor 6.5... No dice on it working with M+, at least until it's either saved via Reaktor 6.4.3 desktop or M+ Reaktor receives an update.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Ah sorry - that’s what I have on my system. I thought NI were going to make 6.5 work for Maschine though

• LostInFoundation
    Options