Reaktor ensembles for M+ standalone.

KaOsphere
KaOsphere Member Posts: 16 Helper
edited June 2023 in Maschine

Here is a compilation of M+ standalone compatible ensembles.

There is a read_me_first.pdf, please, read it first.

Here is the link for download : https://mega.nz/folder/iFsCHBhR#Unio_imBU_2HcHIreLxkIw

Enjoy.

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru

Are these Ensembles which just happen to work on Maschine+ as is, or are these optimized for Maschine+?

What I mean by "optimized" is, ensembles which have sensible preset category/bank structure, sensibly named parameters in M+ views etc

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert

How did you get MrMONO to work?!

I gave up because the GUI is very dynamic and I wasn’t able to map most of the parameters.

• tetsuneko

ahh yes I see, read the readme just now. Appreciate the effort it took to collect this stuff, but I don't want to deal with stuff without properly labeled UIs. Hope many other users find thes useful though! I think this is the same list I once saw on Elektronauts..

• KaOsphere
    KaOsphere Member Posts: 16 Helper

That the same basically, I just realized I've actually never posted it here.

Parameters mapping is a complicated thing aon m+ and even synth with a standardized comprehensive ui are a pain to deal with in the maschine interface. So each has to walk his own path here... :)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,735 mod

Param mapping for Reaktor ensembles is something that needs to be done initially in the ensemble itself. If automation params are compressed and sorted into a logical order, and given meaningful labels and param names then they will present that arrangement better to Maschine + and any host.

• tetsuneko

IMHO the best method is finetuning the parameter UI in Maschine, that way you can preview the look and feel of the layout in-situ, before exporting to M+ standalone. Ideally, you want clear labels for everything, but also the way the parameters are split up in 4/4 groups should be logical, as well as having a parameter page order which makes the most sense, with the most useful param pages at the start, progressing towards less useful ones which need tweaking more rarely

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

I agree, for fine-tuning that is what you have to do, but that isn't possible without the initial work done in the ensemble. Unfortunately if you look at a lot of stuff in the UL automation has been given little thought and params are poorly organised or not even given automation Ids in the first place (or there are hundreds which exceed the capacity of some hosts to use them). I went on a mission a few years ago to create Komplete Kontrol friendly versions of some of my favourite ensembles - they are in the user library and because of this should also work well in Maschine/+

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/all/all/all/304498/

Also I did some work on Uwe Hoenig's Grip Graincloud ensemble to make it KK/Maschine compatible (now it is also MPE compatible but obviously that is not supported by Maschine)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/7775/

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Are there some instructions some where about creating ensembles from scratch to work well with M+ ?

• Flexi

Thanks for that.

• tetsuneko
    edited June 2023

Yeah, the ID's can be a pain. I usually go through all the ID's manually, and renumber them to fit into the 1-99 range Maschine expects. It's quite a bit of work though, so I can understand why it'd be a daunting task.

And then there is the task of naming the bank/presets in an ensemble so that things display logically in the Maschine browser. Only recently realized there even is a bank name! Only thing I haven't yet sussed out is how to change the graphics icon on the Maschine screen when the ensemble is loaded. I know this should be possible, since Reaktor Factory content has unique graphics icons in the Maschine+ UI when loaded, just haven't figured out how they pull it off..

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

That's in /Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/reaktor (on Mac) or \Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image/reaktor (Win) - make a subfolder with the same name as the ensemble bank name (which you should have set first) then put in a thumbnail based on a screenshot of the ens or part of it named 'MST_plugin.png', sized 134x66 pixels, 72 dpi

Only problem is if you update Reaktor it replaces that folder every time so keep it backed up regularly

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert

Right! I had forgotten about that.

Couldn’t get it to work on the M+ though because that folder is on the internal storage and not accessible to users. And I couldn’t find a path on the SD card which offers similar functionality.

It’s a bit unfortunate that NI designed their products (especially Reaktor Ensembles, Kontakt Libraries and Expansions) to be scattered over several system paths instead of allowing self contained bundles which can be moved anywhere.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Ah yes you're right I was thinking about Maschine and KK in general but I guess on Mas+ that could be a barrier

• Flexi

It is a shame we don't have a hacker community like the MPC/Force etc, it would be nice to get access to the hidden file system and be able to put these images etc where they need to go, like on desktop.