Issue: Native Access 3.4.0 not quitting properly

Options
2»

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,057 Guru
    Options

"Go to Windows services and alter the NTKDaemon service start from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed) and then after PC reboot allows for a few minutes after boot for the NTKDaemon process to start then N.A. ought to log in just fine.. (you can see in Task Manager when the NTKDaemon process has started)"

This is all I ever needed to do on Windows 10 and NA2 has run true and without issue since the change.

And I have never ever changed it back to Automatic. Even after a number of updates to NA2

VP

• Louis R
    Louis R Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 13
    Options

Hi there!

(I'm going to rant but it's important)

We're January 13, 2024. I have just installed Kontakt Player in order to use some Spitfire Audio libraries. After installing everything, I've closed Native Access and went eating. When I came back, my computer's fans were spinning faster than usual (during idle). I opened task manager to see what's going on and, oh surprise, it's Native Access taking 20% CPU with a temperature of around 45°C. As soon as I ended the process, everything went back to normal and the temperature immediately cooled down to the usual 30°C.

I had a similar experience with your product around 4 or 5 years ago, and because of this I uninstalled everything and told myself to never install NI products again. But in the meantime I got some libraries from Spitfire and they were begging "try me!", so I decided to give it a try after all this time, thinking it has since been fixed, but no! For some unknown reason this horrendous bug is still there!

It is probably not related to the graphical back-end, because I know some plugins or programs have an increased CPU usage only when their windows are open, which is very concerning and should worry the developers! Based on my findings this could be an OpenGL bug. Unfortunately, years go by and it's still there. It remains to be determined whether this is from OpenGL or is due to the way OpenGL is used in the program.

This is absolutely ridiculous, especially when the program only displays some text and a few images!

End of rant, happy new year.