Does Kontakt libraries [NKS] be loaded on MASCHINE+?

Options
2»

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

Understood 👍🏼

Thank you Very much for further explanations

This is a little bit my concern: will a Kontakt created instrument with all the bells and whistles be able to play on the (very) scaled down version of Kontakt in M+? Otherwise importing a Kontakt instrument will be exactly the same than using autosampler (having to add fxs after the instrument itself).

As soon as I can, I will make some experiments too

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's not a scaled down version of Kontakt, it's the full Kontakt, just running headless. Only limitation I am aware of compared to desktop kontakt is the inability to load monolith patches, you need to save the samples in a subfolder instead (the patch + samples option in Kontakt desktop's "Save as.." menu. Well that and no internal editor on the M+ version (obvs)

There is no point in using Kontakt for so simple tasks which could also be done using Maschine's autosampler. Ideally, You want to use Kontakt for creating round robins, wavetable instruments, granular instruments, stuff with keyswitches and Kontakt scripting etc

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

There is no point in using Kontakt for so simple tasks which could also be done using Maschine's autosampler. Ideally, You want to use Kontakt for creating round robins, wavetable instruments, granular instruments, stuff with keyswitches and Kontakt scripting etc

That’s exactly what I was trying to say 👍🏼

We just have different views of what a scaled down version is ☺️

For me Kontakt is a sampler with all its edit functionalities. I know 90% of the people use it just to open prebuilt instruments, but that’s not what it is at its core.

Therefore, for me, Kontakt with no internal editor on the M+ (as you say) is an HEAVILY scaled down version (more similar to Kontakt player than to the full Kontakt. Or even better…a Kontakt player that cannot even play some libraries that Kontakt player on desktop can…even more scaled down 😂😂😂). Just a matter of different prospective ☺️☺️☺️

Not that I don’t understand that on M+ it practically HAS to be like this, but still a scaled down version

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited June 2023
    Options

yeah, its basically Kontakt Player which only opens custom Kontakt patches and non-DRM protected patches from indie 3rd party devs. The exact same paradigm as with FM8 and Massive, you need to use the desktop versions to create new content.

I think it probably makes the most sense to regard Maschine+ as a fancier version of Maschine MK3, with the only difference that once you have created your assets and whatnot, you are then free to "plug out" from the computer and go standalone with it (CPU and RAM notwithstanding)