Failed to activate products after purchase

Peter Yiu
Peter Yiu Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

I'm new to the community and not sure whether this is the right place to ask. I have submit a question through technical support but not able to get any reply.

I have purchased the Komplete 14 Standard, although the new products are being shown in my Native Access and I was able to install some of them, I was not able to activate the products though. I have tried Guitar Rig 6 Pro and Kontakt 7 without success. It said "Activating Kontakt 7 failed: You are missing the base product for which this upgrade/crossgrade/update is valid". I have logged in my NI account before purchase and have picked the recommended available upgrade option for my account.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Yiu
    Answer ✓

Thanks. Your colleague helped and the issue fixed. Eventually for some reasons my Maschine collection has not been registered. Once registered the issue fixed. Thanks all for the help.

Answers

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper

Do you own any previous Komplete software product? It seems that you bought a Komplete 14 Standard update/upgrade/crossgrade version instead of the Full version if you didn’t own a previous Komplete bundle or Kontakt product.

• Peter Yiu

Thanks for the help. I owned Maschine 2 and during the purchase of Komplete 14 Standard, the website asked me to log in to see available options and I logged in and picked the recommended upgrade option which is a bit cheaper than the full version. If I'm not entitled for this upgrade the website should not allow me to pick that option. Now what should I do?

• victorp.sg
    edited May 2023

Did you see Komplete Select as registered in your user account at NI web site? If you can see it registered, then I have no more solution. Hopefully other users can chime in with some solutions. Meanwhile you can also open a Support Ticket with NI for help at https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000053657-Account-Order

• Peter Yiu

Thanks. Yes I can see Komplete 14 Standard as registered in my user account at NI website, I have also opened a Support Ticket and asked for help a couple of days ago but still got no reply.

• victorp.sg

What about other Komplete products registered in your user account? Did you also see Maschine 2 hardware and software registered in your account as well since you mentioned you bought Maschine 2 (which one by the way)?

• Peter Yiu

Yes, other products can be found in Native Access, including Maschine 2 from Maschine Mikro MK3, but all those newly purchased with the Komplete 14 Standard cannot be activated and remain as Demo as shown.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,258 Expert
    edited May 2023

I’m afraid it could have been a site error in suggesting you the wrong upgrade option (I’ve seen before wrong suggestions made by the site or users with the correct base product being said they could not use this or that path, and NI people telling them it was a site mistake).

What I see in your picture is a Maschine 2 Essentials (which as you said is correct because it came with Mikro MK3). My doubt is that the site suggested you an upgrade path that is valid for Maschine full edition misinterpreting your Essentials version (which maybe doesn’t allow this update).

Take all of this with a grain of salt, cause these are just speculations.

Maybe someone like @Jeremy_NI could take informations for you about the correctness of the upgrade path the site suggested you

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,627 mod
    edited May 2023

@Peter Yiu I checked your account and everything seems to be in order. Please try with Native Access 2: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• Peter Yiu

Thank you @LostInFoundation for your help.

Hi @Jeremy_NI - Installed Native Access 2 with the link you provided but still those newly purchased products are shown as DEMOs. Please help.

• Jeremy_NI
  • Peter Yiu

Hi @Jeremy_NI - Not successful. Deleted the "Native Instruments" folder and the new products are still showing DEMO. Deleted the XML files and the products are still showing DEMO.

• Jeremy_NI

Then my colleagues will need to have a look, they should get back to you as soon as possible.

• Peter Yiu
    Answer ✓

Thanks. Your colleague helped and the issue fixed. Eventually for some reasons my Maschine collection has not been registered. Once registered the issue fixed. Thanks all for the help.

• Joblack79
    Joblack79 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi peter,

I have the same problem than yours.

All my plugins are in DEMO in Native Access after purchasing Komplete 14 Standard and no answer from the support team after opening a ticket.

Seems that your case has been solved.

I hope mine will be too because I tried everything and I look forward to be helped from the customer care department...

• Peter Yiu

Hi @Joblack79 , if your purchase was an upgrade, I would suggest you to go to your product and serial page in NI website (login, click user icon then select "My products and serials") and see whether there is any products that haven't been register and try to register them to see whether that helps.