Is it ok to delete iso files Native Access

ZeWenj
ZeWenj Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Komplete General

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to Komplete 14, from Komplete 11,

And right now I am running the big round of download/installation of the new VSTs,

Just one thing I realized is that the iso files are taking up a huge amount of space,

And I was wondering if I had to keep them or if I could just delete them / transfer them to another external drive in case

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited May 2023

Normally they should auto delete (but it seems it isn’t always working).

The problem is this introduces an issue: they don’t put the iso in their site anymore, and many users with problems would like to downgrade to a previous working version, but not having the iso they can’t do it. So many WOULD LIKE to have kept those Iso.

I just finished answering 1 min ago to another user who wanted to downgrade to Maschine 2.16 and was asking where to find the iso…

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

As LostInFoundation writes, NA should remove ISOs, but if you are so lucky, that it have not removed them..... I would copy them on external backup disc... Or you may delete them without any fear, if you do not want keep them. They are not needed, NA will download them again, if needed.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited May 2023

The problem is NA will download only the newest…and every time they make a mess and people want to downgrade, previous version isn’t downloadable anywhere anymore.

‘So your suggestion to copy them isn’t wrong at all. Maybe we could start to make a users database of iso since they don’t seem to be interested in giving it to users. And since every time there is a problem, they are not fast at all in resolving it. “Wait 2-3 months and we will (maybe) fix the bugs”

• ZeWenj
    ZeWenj Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

I see thank you a lot for the info because its mainly a problem of space on the disk that I am encountering,

So I will save them on an external disk so I can free some space without fear,

Yesterday I had my main C: which had only 20 GB left and I was not sure what was causing it,

Only found out that the isos were hiding in a specific download file that was hidden in the first place, after manually uninstalling some products, but I saw that the disk space wasn't getting better.

Unfortunately, I uninstalled a 74 GB vst to test it, now its time to continue download and re-download this one :p

Thanks so much for your quick answers guys!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You are lucky in a way, that ISOs stay undeleted, in your case. You may choose, if you backup them, or just delete. ;-)