How do i get Ozone 10 dll file?

Options
Wolfdadogman
Wolfdadogman Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I downloaded ozone 10 with native access and I moved the file that it downloaded to my vst folder but nothing comes up when I scan with ableton. the only dll file in the folder is libmp3lame

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Options

Native Access has the bad habit to install VST's at C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VST Plugins (unless you change it through the options, before install).

However, most people have their VST's at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase xx\VSTPlugins or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins or C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins (or something else, depended on which DAW you use).

I assume this might be your case, so you have to check your disc to find where the VST's are.

Then you can either move them to your main VST folder, either add to your DAW the alternate path.

However, according to what you said, if there are no VST in your Ableton, then probably you didn't add the correct paths, or you didn't scan at all. By the way, a libmp3lame.dll has NO place on a VST plugins folder.

• Wolfdadogman
    edited May 2023
    Options

I know what folder live scans for vsts, i dont know how to locate the file that i need to move to my vst folder

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

C:\Program Files\iZotope\Ozone Pro, does not contain the VST dll's, only the main program!

The VST's are installed to your VST folder (which is not the Ozone folder).

Check Ableton preferences to find the correct path. If you still can't find them, then do a simple search in your hard disc.

• Wolfdadogman
    Options

got it, thanks.