How do I check how much RAM I am using?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

I am not on Mac. No, idea. :-(

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Open "Activity Monitor" on your mac, same thing as Task Manager on PC. That will show you Ram/CPU usage of everything running

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

As well as the Activity Monitor as JesterMgee describes also check in Logics own Performance Meter (in the transport window) which shows the processing threads on the left and disc in/out on the right. Have Logic show the bigger window rather than the smaller version. Click the little V to the right.

"I do have a 16 GB processor" - that doesn't make sense.

Other things to consider:

How much free space on your drives both internal and external. That matters a lot. If your drives are getting full you're in for a world of pain you're better avoiding at all costs. Dont know much about LTs Im on a DT, but if yours is an intel, then other specs taken into account means your 16GB RAM isn't a lot if you're pulling resource hungry libraries.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,717 mod
    Options

What are your settings in Logic? Can you share your settings for General and for Audio?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Would also need the audio settings.

• Sonny
    Sonny Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

Do you think that I need t upgrade my Mac?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sonny It would be to early to say! If you use Kontakt instead of Komplete Kontrol in Logic and load the same instrument do you have the same issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.