• Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Yep tried that one too,

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have never had the scan app crash on me with Arturia plugins. Is this in Logic or the standalone KK? Always run standalone first after an install. I think this is a different problem though to the original one as you clearly didn't have any NKS files installed before, and were able to load the plugins from the menu, so evidently they were not crashing the scan app then. Now you do have the NKS files but I wonder if all the fiddling around with installs and settings has removed or moved something the Arturia plugins need to function. Are they crashing any other hosts?

• Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I always use the stand alone KK to do the plug-in library scan and it crashes from there, it never crashes when Logic does its start up scan. Before when running the KK stand alone in scan mode I would get another crash with Waves Headtracker which is part of the virtual headphone app for Abbry Rd three which gives you a stereo picture in headphones, I’ve since deleted them from the system but the Ni ScanApp still crashes and I’ve no idea how to trash the Scan App prefs which might be corrupted? I’ve asked Ni support but they are not really coming back to me.

I’ve changed everything from new Apple OSX to new Ram to reinstalling all my Waves plugins KK, Arturia but have no idea why I’m struggling so much? It’s a tip too system

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Maxhombre I would recommend to reset the database of Komplete Kontrol:

Reinitialize the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database

1. Go to the following location on your computer:
    2. Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The User Library folder is hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden macOS folders.
    4. Search through the Native Instruments folder at this location to find the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder.
    5. Delete only the KOMPLETE KONTROL folder found here.
    6. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    7. Reboot your computer and reopen the KOMPLETE KONTROL software to check that the issue has been resolved.