Arturia V Collection / Komplete K

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,727 mod

The NKS certainly should be showing in your browser - are you looking in the factory panel not user? Did you check if the nksf presets were installed properly as I suggested?

• Maxhombre
    Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Hi Kymeia , Not yet but will do after I finish work

• Maxhombre

Hi Kymeia,

Did look for .nksf presets in the path you suggested and after ‘Library’ there is no Arturia folder? I did a search and couldn’t find the folder that way, found the .nksf file and saw a Buchla file but no others after that, so just to make sure I’ve uninstalled the Arturia V Collection and am reinstalling them all again in case that is the problem,

• Kymeia

Ok sounds like maybe you installed them to a different location originally and so KK can’t find the NKS files

• Maxhombre

Hi All,

UPDATE: It looks like the Arturia V Collection can only be seen by loading an instance of KK into a Logic channel and then from the KK page going to the tab instruments >VST3 and loading the Arturia synth into KK from there, which means you can control synth dials from Ni S88mk2 keyboard but you are unable to browse and load patches from the S88mk2 keyboard browser, you have to do it manually in Logic.

• Kymeia

OK so can you now see NKS presets now in the third party/native instruments folders such as for the Buckle here?

Library/Arturia/Buchla Easel V/Third Party/Native Instruments/presets

Before you said that folder did not exist which suggested they were installed in the wrong location

• Maxhombre

Hi Kymeia

sorry a bit of confusion here.

I’m expecting that the Arturia V Collection appears in my Ni S88mk2 keyboard browser but it doesn’t but of course no one tells you that. But Thankyou for helping me much apreciated to all.

• Kymeia

Yes it should appear, if it doesn't then there must be a reason, so it would help to know if the NKS presets are actually installed and what the paths are

It should look like this in Komplete Kontrol (this was taken while loaded in Logic) - you can see I have the factory panel open. Is this what you see too or if not what are you seeing (a screenshot would help)? Also can you load the Arturia plugins in standalone?

• Maxhombre

I reinstalled the Arturia synths again and Arturia said I should have seen an. install box like this below but I didn't so was unable to load the needed third party resources.

I uninstalled and re-installed thinking the third party resources would be in the newly reinstalled synths but it wasn't my install looked like this.

The best I could do was load the V Collection synths into instances of KK and change the presets on Logic but the synth parameters could still be controlled from my S88mk2.

So I need to know how to get at the third party resources? from the Arturia software centre

• Maxhombre

Hi Kymeia,

I really appreciate all of this help thank you .

I did a search for the V Collection synth NKS and they are not there, looks like I need the original V Collection installer from Arturia which will then allow me to add the 'Third Party Resources' which I don't have either, Ive emailed Arturia and am waiting for a response.

• Kymeia

You can download the full version installers from your user account at Arturia - you don't have to use ASC (only for activation) - this is what I suspected had happened - so make sure to check that box this time

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    edited May 2023

I have installed V Collection week ago or so. I have used Arturia application to download and install all plugins. It has installed everything without any problems. At least on Win. Plugins show up in KK aplication and Maschine Studio screens. I do not have S88 Mk2, but if it shows on Studio screens it would show on S88 as well.

Sidenote: As far as I remember, V Collection usually is not NKS at time of release. It becomes NKS later on...

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023

Yeah it should have installed the NKS too but I think what might have happened is once the installers were set not to install the NKS the first time round they remembered that setting (NI installers do that too). There's a box in ASC for 'silent install' which is a sort of 'set and forget' option - once installed the first time it doesn't make you go through the whole installation routine again, it just does it in the background. Useful, but not so much if you want to change options later

• Maxhombre

Hi Guys

Yes you were right Arturia have asked me to un-install the V Collection and in the Arturia Software Center Prefs uncheck the 'Silent Install' box and I should be able to view the download options and turn on the Third Party Resources. Its useful info for anyone else on the Forum having the same problems, once again Kymeia & Kubrak thank you for taking the time to help me out, a virtual beer is heading your way.

• Maxhombre

Hi,

I went through the steps Arturia suggested and reinstalled the whole V Collection properly again but this time with the third party resources and guess what?? It still does not appear in my S88mk2 kbd browser still, I’ve rescanned the library / location / plugins in KK and I still get a Ni ScanApp crash every time and I’m thinking that might be the problem? I’ve trashed KK database and favourites database as per Ni support instructions but still the same problem, I can get other 3rd party vendors in the S88mk2 browser but still no sign of Arturia, and Arturia only send me back to Ni who don’t seem to be able to help? I now think it might be the ScanApp crashing with its pages of Apple code that could be causing the problem but What to do? As I’ve been on this for weeks