Triggering effects via MIDI

adic27
adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member

There is this effect plugin by Akai called Flex Beat. It's kinda like Image-Line's Gross Beat but it can load as a vst in other DAWs, like Maschine for example. The user guide for FB has instructions for Logic Pro, Cubase, and Ableton Live and they are as follows:

"Flex Beat can be controlled using MIDI side chaining in your DAW of choice. This allows you to trigger Performance Pads 1–16 using MIDI notes C1–D#2.

See the instructions below for how to set up a MIDI side chain.

Ableton Live 1. Insert Flex Beat as an effect on an audio track. 2. Create a new MIDI track. 3. In the new MIDI track, use the MIDI To drop-down menu to select the audio track with Flex Beat as an insert. 4. Ensure that the MIDI track has Record Arm enabled.

Cubase 1. Insert Flex Beat as an effect on an audio track. 2. Create a new MIDI track. 3. Set the Output Routing on the new MIDI track to Flex Beat.

Logic Pro 1. Create a plugin instrument track. 2. In the instrument selection drop-down menu, navigate to AU MIDI-controlled Effects and select Flex Beat. 3. Open the Flex Beat plugin window, and use the Side Chain drop-down menu to select the audio track where you would like to apply the effect."

Can someone help me figure out if there is a way to do this in Maschine? Iv'e already reached out to the company but while waiting on a response I figured I'd ask here

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers