Will Maschine FX be back soon ?

13»

Comments

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Bla bla bla… same old same old

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

This makes is sad as it means we can’t get midi out of Maschine that I’m aware of (recording into Maschine and dragging midi out is clunky).

• Kaldosh

God save Maschine FX 🤣...;ah na..B4 did it , or Spectral delay maybe 🙄

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

So now there is even less point of having NKS support for effects plugins - you can’t actually use them as effects without an effect version

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

And people still tries to rebut when someone says NI isn’t the one that was before…

Ancient musicians composed NI: “hey, let’s give those guys some internal effects in Maschine so they don’t have to buy a thousand additional plugins in order to use it. And you know what? Since we already worked on it, let’s also give them the possibility to use those effects in other DAWs with a little more effort to make them a VST. We can always create more fxs plugins, more complex and complete and innovative so that if they want they can buy them from us. Let’s tempt them with our good work”

New investors composed NI: “You know what? Giving them these fxs we can’t sell them the other ones which do the same job but bring more money in our hands without much effort. Let’s remove what they already have”

And…to people saying all companies must make money and they all act like this: one example for all…Presonus just did the opposite. “Why we never gave our fxs as VST to use in other DAWs?” “Because it will need work in order to do it” “It doesn’t matter: let’s do it! It’s a good return for our company’s public image”… And they are a company selling a DAW giving you for free their fxs to use in OTHER COMPANIES DAWS… Presonus is the new musicians composed NI…

There’s a reason why NI grew till having one of the big names in the industry and now they are talked bad and people complain… they used to think “let’s make good products and think about musicians”…now they think “what will make us do money?” (And, spoiler: making good products and thinking about musicians WILL lead you to make money…)

• LostInFoundation

I don’t get what Midi out has to do with Maschine FX not being ported. What do you mean exactly?

• Kaldosh

like any too old person or company it only leaves by speculation... either you get it right or either you get it wrong. either it goes up or down. What is a bit more annoying is thinking spreading and provoking constant trouble is a way to work. anyway there is no point in creating tailor made reality like you do and it doesn't work for me . When you know that people are paid to bully users with all the damages it creates in society I mean share it yes , very good model everyone is going to buy it , very good

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 72 Helper

Sounds like you didn’t use the the fx which was for mfx which is midi fx. The non mfx version can’t output midi. How does that relate to their discontinuation? Who knows but it was a useful function that allowed playing midi into a daw like any other midi controller utilizing the scales, arp / note repeat, and greater sensitivity.

Can I just use a keyboard? Sure but sometimes it’s nice to explore ideas on both layouts (pads in scale / chromatic keys). Can we still drag midi out using the little icon? Sure but it’s kind of annoying recording into the plug-in and then having to drag it.

I’ve mostly been avoiding Maschine in Ableton while waiting on an update that apparently isn’t coming. I guess I’ll either continue using just in standalone software or maybe take another stab at looking for less clunky Ableton integration.

• LostInFoundation

Mmmm…no, probably I haven’t ever used the functions you are mentioning. I should give it a try 👍🏼

About Maschine in Ableton: there are many ways to use Maschine controller in other DAWs. One is to send the midi to a track that then will control anything you want (a little more preparation/routing the first time, but way superior than using Maschine in midi mode, since it allows you to use exactly what you want(scales, chords,…)).

Have a look at this thread, specially the tutorial video linked in the first post, if you understand French (otherwise there are many other tutorials in English on YT, but this one is very well explained and shorter than most of the others):

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/12250/maschine-with-ableton-live

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

The only priority is Kontakt, and that barely gets updated.

• Kaldosh

This was an AU feature only if I am not mistaking. Though can still be used as is anyway. Nothing forces us to get rid of older version unless we lose it and are not able to authorize what we bought and/ or cannot download it again.

• Kaldosh

The best way to use Maschine in a daw would have been to transpose the quality of integration of the M Studio template to the entire controller line but as any society getting completely stupid and ready to do whatever it takes even doing what doesn’t make sense anymore (won’t use any painful exemple from the past) we keep pretending the problem comes from elsewhere and that it is « technically » not doable like if I ever needed NI to protect any human being …

• LostInFoundation

Mmmm…in Italy there was a comedian who used to say “la seconda che hai detto” (the second one you said). Losing the ability to reinstall previous (abandoned) softwares isn’t so untypical with NI…

• Kaldosh

Yep. No problem take a bet I never do. I just know and it cost me a fortune