Will Maschine FX be back soon ?

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

all in all the only thing we can do in those situations is pray for better days and wonder who do we must beg to get all this to get better

Pray never worked for anything. ACTING do

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Yeah right. It is however sometimes easier said than done

• LostInFoundation

It wasn’t that difficult for Waves customers. It took them 3 days to have the company revert their decision

• Kaldosh

yeah same for Filmora or Bitwig. It is kind of a trend nowadays

• LostInFoundation

Except for NI users…

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited April 2023

It’s still there in the AU so I hope that is a sign it’s not dropped but just that the FX version of the VST3 has needed longer development time. I do remember reading that in the VST3 SDK it is possible to make one plugin function as both an instrument and effect so maybe they are trying to leverage that functionality?

• Kaldosh

This is what I thought. I am just trying a separate partition to try a new is and troubleshoot compatibility with my actual setup and keep up to date with Maschine for future migration. Could not update to latest Maschine update with my actual setup

a Komplete kontrol FX would make much more sense but Maschine FX is handy in my setup in some cases .

• Kymeia

Ah yes here it is:

Multiple dynamic I/Os

VST3 plug-ins are no longer limited to a fixed number of inputs and outputs. Their I/O configuration can dynamically adapt to the channel configuration they’re inserted in, meaning that any VST3 plug-in can be surround-capable with true multi-channel processing.

• Kaldosh

Yes I saw that using Insight vst3 plugin. I am sure it is very interesting from a developer point of view. As a user I’d imagine multiple side chain inputs as a nice evolution for more creative mixing.

though all of this is nice but Maschine user will probably enjoy benefits from it in major game changing update .

i am still puzzled with Maschine routing logic but always find a workaround.

for instance if you use a sound as a sidechain source it closes further routing possibilities . And the project gets quickly heavy if I start using sidechain or send fx . But mostly my cpu always struggle beacause of graphical side of things since I have no dedicated gpu which is not logic either with usage stats of igpu.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Regarding the VST3 FX, more the lack of it: this feature did not make it to the VST3 part. There is no plan in the near future to bring it.

• Kymeia

Oh that's a bad step backwards - if anything we need a Komplete Kontrol effect version too - now we have neither

• Kaldosh

exactly good luck to us all since nothing makes sense and logic doesn’t exist anymore

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Then it is probably a good idea that legacy installers section is updated with these breakpoints, yes we get it, Maschine has been downgraded in priority at NI, but at least show a passing interest.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023

It seems to me NI works in a “wave” style.

Firstly, Traktor was their main priority. Then they stopped putting innovations into it and they’ve been surpassed by other companies.

Then, Maschine was their priority. What they did? They stopped putting innovations into it and lost their position…

Now they try to regain their position with Traktor, forgetting about Maschine…

It seems that “Learning from our own mistakes” is surely not a motto they have hung in a motivational frame in NI headquarter

🌊🌊🌊

• LostInFoundation

And “legacy installers” don’t look like a good customer service to paying customers to them…more like an obstacle to new sales…