Super 8 doesn't load in KK in a Mac studio

Answers

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

Yes. You said that you have to come here and beg for it to get it.

"all the R2 owners [should] get the license automatically without having to come here begging for it"

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert
    edited April 2023

I said “Isn’t a better solution possible?” And it doesn’t seem normal to me that owners of an instrument they did change have no other way to automatically have their instrument without having to come here and having Jeremy_NI to manually add it in their account one by one.

Doesn’t this request sound normal to you?

• chk071

Are you aware that they were sold as two different products, and NI isn't at all obligated to hand out free licenses? At least I was very grateful when I got a free Super 8 Reaktor license when I asked for it.

• LostInFoundation

We are of 2 different opinions: my opinion is that removing an instrument people paid 100$ for not long ago without providing an automatic solution to this isn’t correct. They are not handing out no free license. They are giving a solution to people who sees their paid product changed into something else. Otherwise they would not do it. And in my opinion, this solution should be automatic.

But evidently there is something else behind your attack to me…so…

You’re right, peace out

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    edited April 2023

Hey all, let's chill out a bit. I'll chime in to get more light on this. We do understand that the handling is not ideal. We had requested a better way to handle this back then but priorities were different, M1 native compatibility was still far away. We escalated this and asked once again if K13/K13U/K13UCE and single Super 8 R2 owners could get an automatic add-on. We are waiting for a definitive answer on the topic. Unfortunately @LostInFoundation things like that are a bit more complicated and a bit longer than just snapping your fingers. We'll create a dedicated thread when we know more. In the meantime, we are happy to provide a licence manually either here on the forum or if users contact our support.

• LostInFoundation

Thank you for the answer. Don’t make users wait too much. I understand a company priorities are more focused towards things that could bring more customers, but sometimes having an eye to people who already spent their money with you would be appreciated

• chk071
    edited April 2023

I didn't attack you. I told you that you're wrong, which you are (and I also told you that saying that people have to beg for their Super 8 licenses is wrong). Super 8 and Super 8 R2 are different products, and NI indeed hand out free licenses of Super 8 to Super 8 R2 owners. It's not at all their obligation to do that. Software can be discontinued and stop working on modern OS's/computers. That's the risk we all take when we buy software.

In this case, of course, nothing is discontinued. People get free licenses for the Reaktor version of Super 8, which is supported.

• Itamar
    Itamar Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI I have the same problem with super 8, only the 2.1 version is showing on my Native Access and it is making problems in Ableton and in Komplete Kontrol, could you look into it?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod

@Itamar We've added the serial for the Super 8 Reaktor ensemble, it should be ready to download & install in your Native Access now.

• ICONOMOUS
    ICONOMOUS Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Does anyone know how to load my existing preset from the Super8 R2 standalone in the reaktor version. It won’t let me see what my plugin preset was anymore.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod

Unfortunately the preset formats are not interchangeable but since the plugins are the same functionally and pretty simplistic as well the best you can do is try and recreate it in the Reaktor version

• Emotionmelodiez
    Emotionmelodiez Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, can someone please tell me how to get the reactor versions of Super8 and FM8?

I came here and discovered this is why I can't open them native in Apple silicon mode. Not even the plug in versions work.

I see a message where someone said they had "added it to" another user's account?

Can someone please help me with that? It would be much appreciated, thank you. :-)

• Emotionmelodiez
    Emotionmelodiez Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Can you please link to the reactor versions of FM8 and Super8 so I can use the in silicon native? Are "add it to" my account? Like was done for another user? (Not sure what that means, I'm new here lol. Does that mean add it to my native access account?)

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited July 2023

@Emotionmelodiez You may want to contact support in order to get a license for the Reaktor version of Super 8:

Edit: This step is not necessary anymore. See Jeremy's reply here instead.

FM8 should work under Silicon. It is not a Reaktor synth.