Can I stop using Rosetta now?

Options
2»

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Of course. I don’t understand this hypothetical concept of changing software without those changes bringing value, that’s literally having trouble developing for nothing… I never experienced that in any software. I also not sure how M2 performance or platform support has any relation to the SW evolution to keep up with current expectations of feature set, UX norms, etc…

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

There are some basics that are just overtly missing, an option to use PDC etc, which is not something new or realistically even optional, especially considering the latencies some of the Soundwide companies own plugins add.

And PDC is just one in a list of small but expected features in any plugin host nowadays.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

My gut says NA2 was a must more than just make-up changes but I haven’t any links to proof my gut claims.

Are these dev talks covering “reason behind” maybe?

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

NI made NA2 because they wanted detach user interface and utility for download/installation/authorisation. IMHO it makes sense.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

The introduction of the subscription service was also a trigger to create a modernized version of NA I reckon.

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Going back to the original thread:

I am not having great luck migrating off Rosetta to M1 native because even in standalone maschine there are still problems:

• Any project even the factory content projects, which frequently contain a group containing a reaktor instrument must migrate from VST2 x64 reaktor to the VST3-only M1, do not migrate, and fail to open in a working state. This is a standalone maschine app bug not a LIVE Issue. I don't even use ableton live with maschine.
    • The plugin ScanApp hangs very badly with a lot of my plugins in M1 native mode. Going back to rosetta I only have to fight with Maschine for an hour to get it to complete a scan and let me work with maschine. With M1 native mode, latest maschine, the scanapp never gets done.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

I can't say I had any of those issues with Maschine, since saying goodbye to Rosetta. I guess I'm lucky.

I've lost a few Plugin Alliance VST's (included in K14), however they remain available in AU format.