Komplete Ultimate 10 to Komplete 13

Options
2»

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,800 Expert
    Options

Show me plugin company or even any SW company, that makes "upgrade" to lower grade version possible. There might be some, but I do not know any....

"Upgrading" in that way is sort of insane. In long run. What if one would later on want to upgrade from Standard again to Ultimate. He would have to pay fortune....

And how much should "upgrade-downgrade" cost?

Generally, it might be possible, but it would make licencing scheme of NI even more complicated. It is pretty complicated already....

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,143 Expert
    Options

@LostInFoundation I just see that, what you say, is not what the OP asked or wants.

The OP has Komplete Ultimate and wants to "update" to Komplete Standard. This would be - by any definition - considered a downgrade because the number doesn't matter here. It's what's in each Komplete tier that matters and Standard has always less to offer than Ultimate - regardless if it's 10, 11, 12 or 13.

Of course he could just buy a Komplete 13 license separately, thus owning both Ultimate and Standard and would not lose stuff from Ultimate, but that's apparently not what's planned here... and I don't think it'd be the best route to go either (but that's just my opinion).

Anyway... that's it for the moment from my side as I don't want to derail this thread any further.

Just one last thing: @Bamuco, try contacting NI support - maybe they can give you options:

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options

I explained what I meant. I’m talking about BUYING, not following the update path.

I’m talking about what Reefius said (having 2 licenses)

But if I can’t even ask for confirmation, I would not ask anymore

• Kubrak
    Options

Confirmation of what?

If one has licence A (K10U) and licence B (K13) he may use plugins from the both. Of course under the condition that those plugins are supported for OS used.

• Bamuco
    Bamuco Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks everyone for your input. I eventually got an answer from NI:

"We confirm that if you install KOMPLETE 13 you shouldn't lose any product from KOMPLETE 10 ULTIMATE.

However, please note that you will need to install a full version of KOMPLETE 13 since you can't upgrade from a higher flavour (ULTIMATE) to a lower flavour (Standard)."

So there we have it.

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is what everyone was telling you from the beginning...

I would just add, that:

However, please note that you will need to install a full version of KOMPLETE 13 since you can't upgrade from a higher flavour (ULTIMATE) to a lower flavour (Standard).

"to install full version of KOMPLETE 13" cannot be taken literally. If you have licence of Komplete Select that is not used as Base Product, you may install Upgrade to Komplete 13 from KSelect.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,308 Expert
    Options