Komplete Ultimate 10 to Komplete 13

Options
Bamuco
Bamuco Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

If I update Komplete Ultimate 10 to Komplete 13 (not Ultimate) will I lose any current instruments or sounds?

Best Answers

• keysup
    keysup Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It no longer works for me, there's a message that pops up when I try to load it saying it's no longer supported, or maybe the message is not yet supported. I can't recall - next available opportunity I'll try and load it and report back with exact pop up message. But, yes, you are technically correct, it is supposedly included within Komplete 14. But fact remains, it no longer works for me after upgrading.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I upgraded from Komplete 11 Ultimate to Komplete 13 Standard and later to 14 Standard without any issues. I still have all the plugins from 11 Ultimate, just not the newer ones that were added in 13 and 14 Ultimate.

If you're logged into the site it should show you what version you qualify for.

EDIT: it's also possible that I could upgrade because before Komplete 11 Ultimate I already had 9 and 10 Standard.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is what everyone was telling you from the beginning...

I would just add, that:

However, please note that you will need to install a full version of KOMPLETE 13 since you can't upgrade from a higher flavour (ULTIMATE) to a lower flavour (Standard).

"to install full version of KOMPLETE 13" cannot be taken literally. If you have licence of Komplete Select that is not used as Base Product, you may install Upgrade to Komplete 13 from KSelect.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Options

In theory, you would. However, it's generally not possible to downgrade to a lower edition of Komplete. You can only update or upgrade.

• keysup
    Options

I don't know about your situation, but... I upgraded from Komplete 13 to Komplete 14 and I lost my most beloved sound. I regret whole-heartedly upgrading - I both threw away $ and also made useless my MOST LOVED sound. I was uninformed and assumed I would not lose anything I already had - had I known, I most definitely would not have "upgraded". Don't know if this is common with NI, but after a little research, many folks say they are unhappy how there is no support for sounds that were "yesterday". I don't think I'll be using them any longer going forward.

• Kubrak
    Options

What do you speak about? What exactly has disapeared? I have upgraded/updated many times in past and nothing has been lost....

@Bamuco Monochrome is right, there is no "upgrade" path from K10U to K13. You may update to K11/12/13/14 U or upgrade to K12/13/14 U CE. No other possibilities.

If you wait for Summer Sale update to K14U would not be that expensive (if 50% discount will come again).

• keysup
    Options

"Prism" has been lost to me.

• Kubrak
    Options

PRISM is included in Komplete 14, it cannot be missing.

• keysup
    Answer ✓
    Options

It no longer works for me, there's a message that pops up when I try to load it saying it's no longer supported, or maybe the message is not yet supported. I can't recall - next available opportunity I'll try and load it and report back with exact pop up message. But, yes, you are technically correct, it is supposedly included within Komplete 14. But fact remains, it no longer works for me after upgrading.

• Reefius
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I upgraded from Komplete 11 Ultimate to Komplete 13 Standard and later to 14 Standard without any issues. I still have all the plugins from 11 Ultimate, just not the newer ones that were added in 13 and 14 Ultimate.

If you're logged into the site it should show you what version you qualify for.

EDIT: it's also possible that I could upgrade because before Komplete 11 Ultimate I already had 9 and 10 Standard.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Wow…this is quite a serious topic. I would love someone from NI to come and give an official answer (@Matt_NI or @Jeremy_NI ?), cause it sounds quite strange to me that if someone decide to buy next Edition but in a “smaller” version (e.g. I own Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors Edition and now I decide to buy 14 “only” in the Ultimate edition and not the Collectors cause I’m just interested in some plugins that are included in this version) they will come in and remove the products you already own and paid for from your account.

This isn’t even really “downgrading”, but buying the newer (smaller) version to ADD some products to what you already own.

This really sounds unrealistic to me, and in the case it is true, a real bad move from NI.

But since someone here is stating this is the case, this will make people confused.

And…now that I think about it…is this why when I check the availability for my account, it lists me only as a Komplete 9 Ultimate user and not Komplete 13???

So it’s not my free choice to spend “only” 399 instead of 499 if I’m not interested in all the plugins?

I’m sure it can’t be the case and they won’t remove the programs you already paid for…otherwise this is the BADDEST MOVE NI has ever made between all the bad moves they made.

Please, please @Matt_NI, @Jeremy_NI, or anybody else… come and tell us it isn’t like this. Don’t make me go back to the ranting LostInFoundation…😔

• Reefius
    Options

Prism is still working fine here (Windows 10).

@keysup are you using Windows or Mac? If it's Mac then it could be a problem with M1 compatibility. In that case you can take a look here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8851/reaktor-6-5-0-announcing-start-of-beta-phase-for-january-2023/p1

• Kubrak
    Options

@LostInFoundation It is not possible to "Upgrade" from Ultimate to Standard (from bigger bundle to smaller).

What has happened in case of Reefius is, that he Updated from Komplete 9 or 10 Standard to K13 Standard (not from K11U to K13).

So, he ended up to have two licences K11U and K13 Standard.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

@LostInFoundation I said "In theory"! In reality, you can't do what the OP wants because it would be a downgrade (going from Ultimate to Standard) and downgrades are technically not possible. And yes, it would be a downgrade as most of the products included in Ultimate are not included in Standard. So, if the OP would do that, he would lose these products.

Now clearer?

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

We are talking about 2 different things.

You talk about the NI update/upgrade path, I’m talking about buying a newer version and seeing the old products disappear. This is why I asked someone from NI to give an official answer and not users speculations.

Probably Kubrak analysis (or Reefius edit) are the ones that center the point: you can have all the programs cause you can have 2 licenses active (one for an older version, one for a newer) at the same moment.

People talking about “updating” and “upgrading” even if they are not referring to NI path is more than normal, since buying a newer version is in any case an update/upgrade. Only it is not referring to NI path.

But I think an official NI clarification is due, to be clear and sure

• LostInFoundation
    Options

My case is even a further situation (and I think I’m not the only one owning many older versions of Komplete): I CAN update since I also own an older version which was from another “category”.

Confirming someone in my situation won’t lose anything would make things clearer.

As I said, something different than this sounds unrealistic and quite strange

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023
    Options

Discussing the fact that NI doesn’t allow for what you call a downgrade is another topic. The reason why someone who previously bought from them a more complete and expensive version now cannot buy a more limited version, being he already in posses of many of the products included and being interested only in some of the newer ones and not all of them, is obscure.

Well…in facts it is not obscure at all: the reason is trying to force you to buy more. But…doing it offering you such a good price to convince you is one thing. Not allowing you cause “it’s not part of their update/upgrade path strategy” is another one.

Downgrades are not TECHNICALLY not possible. It’s their choice to not make them possible. As I can have 13 Ultimate Collection AND 14 Ultimate active at the same moment (cause I own also a 9 Ultimate) they could easily make having 10 Ultimate AND 14 Standard active at the same moment. But they don’t want it.

But…as I said…this is another topic

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You say “yes, it would be a downgrade as most of the products included in Ultimate are not included in Standard”, but the OP ALREADY paid for those products…what he would get with the new Standard would only be some instruments included in this new offer (and not all the new ones in the new Ultimate, he wasn’t even asking for that). He would just keep the ones he ALREADY paid for plus some novelties that were enough for him.

Do you see the difference?