typing in the preset search doesn't work in Logic (KT-7508/KT-7696)

Options

Answers

• john parker
    john parker Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

That's a solution but not one I am willing to accept. Going back to rosetta just for search in Kontakt is a no go for me. I am sure others will find it quite useful. Thanks for the response :)

• zachnfine
    zachnfine Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

The bug is at Apple, but if Native Instruments could make the right-click popup contextual menu option of 'paste' be available for that search field, then at least I could have hobbled along this morning by typing things like "harp" in a text editor, copying them, and pasting them into that field. It's nice when text fields support all the normal NSTextField stuff.

• john parker
    Options
  • Mavros
    Mavros Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

As I mentioned before the text entry works in the classic view text entry block (like the one in Kontakt 6) in Logic. So I doubt it is an 100% MAcOS/ Logic related issue. For some reason the text entry block in Kontakt 7 does not get the focus even if the cursor is located in it.

NI should be able to solve this. I will open another ticket.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Mavros The bug is still not fixed, it is still under investigation. I'm afraid my colleagues will not be able to help you much more on this one.

• ulbe
    ulbe Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi. Just letting everyone know that as of today, August 23rd 2023 the bug is still not fixed. Using OS 13.4.1 on an M1 Max Laptop. Logic Pro 10.7.9 and Kontakt 7.5.2.

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Because the search function works the first time you open the plugin, up until it resizes, I suspect this falls under that new Logic bug where resized plugin windows will never receive keyboard commands until they are re-loaded. The problem is every time you load Komplete Kontrol or do anything in it resizes. Hopefully Native Instruments contacting the Logic team will get their attention.

• justincarter
    justincarter Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hi all, also having this issue and pretty annoyed by it since I specifically upgraded to use the search feature and new interface and it's definitely not an Apple issue (or at least in full), here's my response from NI support, hopefully a fix soon....:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our products.

Due to the high amount of incoming requests, we currently cannot achieve our desired response times. We think it is important to let you know about the current situation. We apologize for the delayed response to your request and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The issue you describe is known (KT-7508) and my colleagues in development are aware of it.

Please understand that I can't provide further information when a fix for this issue can be expected.

I will close your ticket as “Solved” as it is taken into account on our side now.

If you want for example provide any complementary information related to this issue, you’ll be able to re-open by simply replying to this message.

Best regards, Manuel @ Native Instruments

• Michael Scheurer
    Michael Scheurer Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's been a known issue for months...

Starting to feel like a "ignore it and it will go away" type of situation.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,745 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have exactly the same system as you by the sound of it (M1 Mac Studio Max, Ventura 13.5) but have just tried to replicate this in Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol but couldn't replicate it at all in either of them until I resized the Kontakt browser window manually as another user had found (using drag not Zoom). Now I can - interestingly it seems you only have to resize the window inside Logic once for this behaviour to persist, even if I close Logic then reopen it or reboot the system. So maybe you did do this just the one time, even months ago, the behaviour would persist all the same. Also it now affects Komplete Kontrol when it wasn't before, which is very weird. I'm trying to see now, since it wasn't affecting me at first, if I can find a way to reset the behaviour.

btw this is definitely one of those bugs where both sides need to fix things. From NI's end they need to figure out why the plugin windows are not over riding the host for keyboard input when the plugin window is open (which should be the default behaviour) but equally as a long-standing Logic user and former Logic beta tester I know that the option that most DAWS have, to let the user decide whether keyboard focus goes to the host or plugin, is a long requested feature (and this issue has cropped up with plugins from other developers, not just NI). Ultimately that is the best solution as there are always situations where you want your key commands to work even if you have plugins loaded, and other situations where you need to do a text search in the plugin, so ultimately the best solution is to give the user control over whether plugins can steal keyboard focus from the host or not. Most hosts have that as a toggle somewhere, some also have things like pins for plugin windows that keep them on top and give them focus. So that is on Apple to address.

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023
    Options

OK I tested a hypothesis - clearly Logic keeps a record of when you resize a plugin window that it applies when you reopen that plugin and that record persists between instances of the host and reboots so I thought what if you manually resize the plugin outside of Logic? That could force Logic to accept a new size change that it doesn't have to recall (negating the previously recorded window state). So I opened Kontakt standalone before opening Logic and set it to the size I wanted using the corner drag. Now when I open Logic and load Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol I can use the keyboard again.

• Kymeia
    Options

Did anyone get a chance to test this fix? It worked for me and the fix has persisted between several reboots and updates now. To reiterate, if you are having problems with Logic stealing keyboard focus in Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol try this:

1. Close Logic
    2. Resize the standalone Kontakt 7 to a new size using the corner drag method (not Zoom for this)
    3. Close Kontakt standalone
    4. Open Logic and insert Kontakt (or Komplete Kontrol) - search should now accept text again (at least it does for me on M1 Mac Studio Max, Ventura 13.5)
    5. Never resize Kontakt in Logic - always do it in the app.
  • john parker
    Options

No, this does not work for me. Mac studio with an M1 chip. Latest version of everything. I'm just going to assume that this is fixed with the release of Sonoma.

• Kymeia
    edited August 2023
    Options

That’s a pity - it should have, I was able to replicate the bug but also work out the cause. I guess there must be more than one factor at play (which unfortunately makes it even harder for support to replicate or fix). Even so I am certain this fix will work for some people with this issue as it has completely fixed it for me.

• Michael Scheurer
    Michael Scheurer Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Does not work for me either...

In fact the window size set in the app is completely ignored when I open the plug in...