typing in the preset search doesn't work in Logic (KT-7508/KT-7696)

Options
13»

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    Options

OK I'm sorry it doesn't work for everyone, I couldn't replicate the bug at all, despite having a very similar system to John, l until I resized Kontakt in Logic, and after that it came up every time I used it or KK. Resizing it again outside Logic fixed it for me and I do know others who it has also fixed it for. As I said there must be some additional factors involved on some systems, I will try and work out if there are other things that can trigger this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Little update on the topic. I reached out again to the Kontakt devs and Apple has acknowledged the bug was on their side and should be fixed in upcoming macOs versions.

• Rob Gray
    Rob Gray Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Thank you Jeremy! This is why it’s so helpful to have the developers aware of issues that affect the usability of NI products. Even if it’s not technically NI’s “fault” now Apple is more aware of the issue and we have a better idea of the timeline for a fix. People have been sending little feedback forms to Apple over that one for a year.

• audiomichael
    audiomichael Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Any update to this? I'm still having this problem. It's a big issue. And looks like it's been going on since April... we're in Oct now. Perhaps is there a setting I need to change in the Mac OS?? Any help would be super appreciated.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,747 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

As far as everyone knows this is 100% a Logic bug and as I found out through testing the causes myself it does seem to be triggered by resizing a plugin inside Logic (not just NI ones, I just found the same thing happens with Phaseplant for example, and this has also been verified on the KvR forum as affecting many, maybe all, plugins that resize). This seems to even persist between Logic sessions in some cases, I think Logic keeps a memory of windows states, so even if you did the resize say in Kontakt weeks ago it will still be affected until you reset Kontakt's size outside of Logic)

I posted a fix above, some people here say it did not work for them, not sure why really because it should have, but it may for you and it definitely fixed it for me with 100% reproducibility.

Close Logic

Reset the size of Kontakt (standalone) to 100%, then set it to the size you want it to be.

Now when you reopen Logic search should work again but don't do any further resizing of any plugin in Logic until this bug is fixed by Apple as it will trigger the issue again

The latest Kontakt now also has an option in the resize menu to set a default size, I suggest also doing that