TP 3.8 glitches with heavy load

2»

Answers

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper

That's a good check. I've looked before and picked on this too. Wasapi resets to 96k for me every time.

Though, on the Z2 (only ASIO) there is only a 48k option. System bitrate, i.e. Realtek on board was always set at 48k.

For the s4mk3, wasapi become unstable and so I've installed ASIO and done a gig with ASIO on Saturday. Smooth on traktor 3.7 but I did set the onboard to 44k and used 44k on s4mk3 ASIO.

In the case I'm mentioning for 3.8, this isn't the case. After 40-60 mins it just goes haywire and is not recoverable without disconnect and reconnect and sometimes Traktor needs restarting. There is no clear indication like a load spike though my OP considered a load spike which I eliminated by setting the turbo boost work around. It was a red herring.

There is always a slight load fluctuation on 256 samples using Traktor ASIO for any device. Funnily enough this load fluctuation behaviour is not the case ( at least not to the same degree) for ANY pioneer ASIO I use with Traktor Pro - SZ, SX2, DJM 900NXS2. Though this load fluctuation does not cause real problems unless I end up doing anything else on the system, for example, opening or switching to a browser with WiFi on which is highly unlikely during a gig. That last bit is obvious except for times when I need to use Beatsource and need WiFi on. In my case at least that's not often yet.

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper

@Mark_NI

I've tried to register a ticket regarding this on Friday but haven't yet got a confirmation or an email back.

I this issue being looked at?

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

I just found that ticket - and I am happy to read that you have been able to resolve the issue. Perhaps ypu want to post a short version of your report here as well so others can benefit from your experience?

• Neddac
    Neddac Member Posts: 32 Member

Was there any resolution to this?

I experienced a crash after 50 mins usage yesterday on version 3.7.

The cpu didn't seem to spike but the audio became glitchy and then the Z2 lost connectivity with traktor for a second or two so traktor reverted to a wasapi driver.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

I'd try with disabling the built-in audio interface before starting Traktor. And give traktor exclusive control on the audio interface. Also disable the GPU audio drivers if there are any.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hey @Neddac,

I am sorry to hear about the crash! Was this the first time you experienced such an incident?

My first approach here would in fact be DPC latency, your observations would match certain calamities in this domain. Have you ever come across performance issues during a Traktor session, e.g. distortion, dropouts, clicks or pops?