Am I foolish waiting for a maschinePlus update soon?

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    Answer ✓

Yes.

Usually NI reps inform us in advance if/when some significant updates are getting ready for release.. All has been quiet since xmas. We know that 2023 is going to be all about VST3 and Apple Silicon for the devs, so before those two get sorted, we'll probably be kicking the tires of our Maschines..

Don't spend your energy on hopes and dreams, use what you have now to make music, life's too short (My father passed away less than a month ago so I may be biased)

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro

Sorry to read that. My deepest condolences. My dad is very ill and it’s difficult to cope with it all. Best wishes

• Fabio Barbon
    Fabio Barbon Member Posts: 25 Helper

Condolences for your lost, and thank you for your precious contribution to this community.

I actually started fully appreciating my M+ after your post about custom reaktor ensembles. IMHO this feature alone over-compensates any existing limitation and incompleteness and hugely extends the sonic palette of this instrument.

• BouMcLaP_
    BouMcLaP_ Member Posts: 12 Member

Thanx for your answer, I'm down with you, think you're right.

Really sorry for your loss. You're not biased, you are just been reminded by life , we often take what we have for granted. My condolences, hope you will recover stronger.

• BouMcLaP_

So, to resume this thread, I'm foolish ! ;p

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

I'll be honest :) I think Maschine Plus is now a mature product. Of course, there are sections like stability and overall user experience that can be improved. However, I think it's not easy and we won't see such updates so soon. It simply takes time. I am currently working quite well on Maschine Plus. Let's create music and not think too much about technical aspects. It will be fine :)

• Styles01
    Styles01 Member Posts: 27 Member

Definitely frustrating. If M+ is NI's answer to the Ableton Push (similar price point) - NI doesn't update it's firmware/software NEARLY as much as Ableton upgrades what the Push 2 is capable of. There's PLENTY of things that can be updated and fixed, and they aren't huge, but midi learn and better midi routing capabilities are key, along with clear bug fixes and quality of life stuff they can do. Hope they spend the time to keep the device well maintained and updated.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru

If I can offer advice, spend as much time with your dad as you can while he's still around. You will cherish those memories later.

Thank you all!

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro

I can’t bring the push 2 on the train, or balcony, or take it out in the garden, or anywhere else without the computer.

don’t think they’re good comparables at all since push 2 controls a software on a computer which means it’s not standalone, which means they’re not in the same category.

Then it means you must compare ableton (a full daw) to maschine 2 software (not a full daw at all).

so it’s safe to say your comparison is really misleading and you don’t seem to know or understand what it is you’re really comparing.

• BouMcLaP_

Hey just ot say that i found in another thread some news about future update:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/12383/reaktor-6-4-3-download-links-for-maschine-plus-users

Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 5,076 mod

May 4 edited May 8 Answer ✓

Hey all! The "staff" is happy to share a link and forward this issue to the M+ team.

[...]

The M+ team is in the process of testing the next native os update for M+. The 1.5.0 update will bring back cross compatibility with desktop and has the latest version of reaktor.

Don't know if there will be more stuff in this update but reaktor fix is really handy since ensemble can bring so much to the M+ lacks or missed features.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Will never happen, NI was bought and placed under Soundwides banner for its IPs value, opening that IP in any way whatsoever will lower its value, so forget that entirely.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    edited May 2023

@BouMcLaP_ said:

Don't know if there will be more stuff in this update but reaktor fix is really handy since ensemble can bring so much to the M+ lacks or missed features.

Interesting...

Like what? What do you have in mind?

+1 for automations

deeply needed

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

It is quite funny to see the automation requests back, for many years it was requested for better automation in the software, never happened, everybody left, NI releases M+, slew of new users, automation requests again for M+.

It is now patently obvious why the old forum HAD to be deleted, it showed exactly how cyclic Maschine development has (or is that hasn't?) become.

• wzdm.85
    wzdm.85 Member Posts: 67 Helper

All I really want is export Ableton Project file.