Mac Music.app > Traktor import. How to keep order / "date added" tag

fantaaa
fantaaa Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all.

I am managing my music fully in Music.app and have several playlists for deejaying. These are all sorted by "Date Added" so that i have my latest tracks at the top.

Before importing, Traktor will have the tracklist inversed by date added:

I can manually sort by "Import date" which returns a list in proper order but the "#" column is still wrong.

If i import these tracks now, a lot of them will get "Import date" from TODAY (but not all of them, some will adopt the date from the Music.app. But no matter if i just "Import to collection" or "Import to Playlists" - the order will be messed up.

I can not get Traktor to:

• import these playlists in the same order as they are in the Music.app
  • to preserve the "Date added" from the Music.app

Can somebody help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @fantaaa, unfortunately, this behaviour is by design as Traktor's Track Collection reflects the import date in Traktor (which is technically correct). At the same time, I understand the need to handle this differently. Therefore I'll bring this up with our Product Design team.

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @fantaaa, unfortunately, this behaviour is by design as Traktor's Track Collection reflects the import date in Traktor (which is technically correct). At the same time, I understand the need to handle this differently. Therefore I'll bring this up with our Product Design team.

• Justin Hawkspoken
    Justin Hawkspoken Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited July 2023

@Mark_NI Hey there, sorry to hijack this thread. Not sure if this is the exact same issue. Im currently using traktor 3.8.0. Im a long time user, and also manage the source of my collection thru Itunes/Music. Forever Ive been dragging my songs/albums from itunes, either directly or from within the traktor tree. Recently Ive noticed that when I drag a bunch of stuff over, initially it maintains the order of my files in the "traktor collection" but when I close traktor and reopen, the import order of my tracks is all mismatched and out of sorts. Tracks are all mixed up randomly. To remedy, I attempted to import one album/ep/etc at a time, but this did not work. Also, I do not use Itunes/music once I have brought tracks into Traktor.

This whole quirk has only started recently. Any support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

• FnKyBts
    FnKyBts Member Posts: 12 Member

@fantaaa

I have just listed a similar issue again in the forums... I have brought this up in the old forums as well.

Have you been able to get any help on this, or find some sort of work around?