Welcome to the new and improved Native Instruments online community. Join our active forum of 40,000+ members for discussions and much more.

Mac Music.app > Traktor import. How to keep order / "date added" tag

fantaaa
fantaaa Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all.

I am managing my music fully in Music.app and have several playlists for deejaying. These are all sorted by "Date Added" so that i have my latest tracks at the top.

Before importing, Traktor will have the tracklist inversed by date added:

I can manually sort by "Import date" which returns a list in proper order but the "#" column is still wrong.

If i import these tracks now, a lot of them will get "Import date" from TODAY (but not all of them, some will adopt the date from the Music.app. But no matter if i just "Import to collection" or "Import to Playlists" - the order will be messed up.

I can not get Traktor to:

• import these playlists in the same order as they are in the Music.app
  • to preserve the "Date added" from the Music.app

Can somebody help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mark_NI
    Mark_NI Customer Care Posts: 190 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @fantaaa, unfortunately, this behaviour is by design as Traktor's Track Collection reflects the import date in Traktor (which is technically correct). At the same time, I understand the need to handle this differently. Therefore I'll bring this up with our Product Design team.

Answers

• Mark_NI
    Mark_NI Customer Care Posts: 190 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @fantaaa, unfortunately, this behaviour is by design as Traktor's Track Collection reflects the import date in Traktor (which is technically correct). At the same time, I understand the need to handle this differently. Therefore I'll bring this up with our Product Design team.