sorry first file was with non maschine stuff in master

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options
  • WarriorLite
    WarriorLite Member Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Uwe

First, many thanks for providing and adjusting the example. actually, the first time I ran a project on the software. Unfortunately, I lack some effect, replika xt version and more.

I have looked up your soundcloud for some example and found set 1 from 59th minute. A cool motive and one of the right incarnations of ride.

Can you still recall how you organised the drums and master buss?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,073 mod
    Options

I can make it with all maschine FX, then you can open it, i normally have the native bus comp and solid eq on master bus, or the bus compressor plugin from focusrite and solid EQ, the focusrite bus comp has a good auto release - only one that works for me if i need it - the set is just a dj set with songs not from me, all from other known artists

• WarriorLite
    Options

Distortion on drums followed by eq, yes, could be some sorts of saturation as well, and the filter afterwards extracts the juice.

I have been recently tweaking this further tweaked by applying distortion down to mids or high lows - so that the sub remains sine.

Just realised you may have meant distorting & eq'in the ride - I have yet to try out.

If not too much trouble, here are my NI effects

I don't have the focusrite though, and NAccess is not letting me in now to install massive (and FM8).

It is amazing to have FM8 and massive in a groovebox.

• Uwe303
    Options

hope they work all, nothing fancy just 5 min stuff - made quick and dirty

• WarriorLite
    Options

How cool is that. Thanks Uwe.

I will have checked that out within max 48h (some intense work related project going on) .

Best

Tom

• Uwe303
    Options

And in my examples didn't even used swing, that can also enhance the beat, but i also like to record some stuff and leave the notes where they are in timing....there are sooo many possibilities

• WarriorLite
    Options

OK, so the key to what I was looking for is compression I think, heavily on group in case of Mills and just slighly the Cox example.

And the variety in attacks was this effect of ride/hat competing with other sounds.

I have no access to my speakers, so it may have been ruined but the envelope pushing Mills way would be something like this.

I will have to try some more on Plus, which still has no supercharger/Solid, but in Ableton, I think the problem might have been the onboard compressor - not that it is bad, only not fit for the purpose. Or I was using it wrongly. With Solid, kit proved quite intuitive.

• filip pietrzykowski
    filip pietrzykowski Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Options

example 1 - COx use Roland TR8 for ride,

there is only accent on this machine, and decay - no lfo/modulation, no gate on single steps

I think accent/velocity can make a massive difference. I would also drop in swing off MPC.

With Elektron model cycles, I can use LFO programing hats/ride, my favourite is random LFO for decay - it sounds like a very cool and groovy drummer indeed:)

You can emulate it within Maschine I am sure.

Use accent/velocity, some swing and if it's not enough - random LFO for decay - voila!

if it does sound mechanic and stiff, I will buy you a beer!