Seriously, can't we make Kontakt bigger?

Options
1235»

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

I used to put the zoom feature in the lens version on the pads inside Maschine software to play them on a Surface touch screen.

As you can imagine, not the same experience as playing on Maschine pads 😂😂😂

• David Birdwell
    David Birdwell Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

While the basic % scaling of v7.4.1 is a exciting to see, I really wish I could drag/expand the window vertically into a long tall window (for using on my display I have rotated 90º so it's portrait instead of landscape)

Hoping that comes next!

• eddienashuwu
    eddienashuwu Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The only thing that resizes is the window, and then the thumbnails scale weirdly as you drag the bottom right corner, they get bigger, then shrink to accommodate the other column. . And, you can resize it just with the handle in the lower right corner, just like Mac OS 9 20 years ago.

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

It's been a while since I've been in this forum. And now I login and see this notification. Made me chuckle about the times when it was a pain to use Kontakt because everything was so tiny for me. Then one day the team at Native Instruments finally read the hundreds of posts online for years ****** about the same thing, and decided to take action.

Is it perfect? No. But hey, I love using Kontakt now. Because I don't have to press CTRL and move the mouse wheel forth to use Kontakt and then back to use Cubase anymore. I only had to set it to 125% default, and that's it. Sure, there are a lot of instruments that have blurry text, but it's blurry text at a size that can be read nicely. And if some instrument has text that is even smaller, now I can set the GUI to 150%, and it's all good.

Now, I have no idea how long it took internally before deploying it in a beta. I know it took about a month or so, that it was in a beta, then disappeared, then came back, and now it's been part of the public version for a while.

So I can't really say how big of an effort this was, but I'm grateful for it, and I need to ask: why not do the same thing with Komplete Kontrol? I mean, I spent $1,200 in the S88 MK2 just a few months ago (and don't believe for a second that I don't regret not waiting a few months for the MK3 at the same price now), and I love it, but the main use for such an expensive keyboard is Komplete Kontrol. With Kontakt it's just another well built MIDI keyboard.

But to really enjoy it and use it fully, you need Komplete Kontrol, and I assumed when they started implementing the GUI zoom in Kontakt that KK was the next obvious choice, since it's a pain to use, with all the text being blurry and tiny, and a window that doesn't resize, leaving 3 results when doing a search or using the filters, unless you click to collapse both filter areas.

So how much longer do we have to wait for Komplete Kontrol to have scalable GUI? It doesn't even have to be perfect HiDPI with crisp text, just text that one is able to read for hours without eye strain.

Same for Maschine 2. I hardly ever use it, but it's not something I look forward to, because again it suffers from the same problem.

So come on guys, you gave us GUI zoom in Kontakt, thank you so much for that. Is it too hard to do it in Komplete Kontrol and Maschine, but especially Komplete Kontrol? Or find a way to merge KK into Kontakt 7?