Seriously, can't we make Kontakt bigger?

Options

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    Options

Constructive criticism vs a complaint crusade are two very different things.

And the real issue here in this thread has been beat to death and is most likely high on the list for NI to address.

This is not a case of having to draw NIs attention to some unknown issue. This one has been front and center and has been for a long time.

No need whatsoever to keep revisiting this every day as it is no longer applying any pressure at all.

VP

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

FYI, there should be improvements coming on that topic in the next updates of Kontakt, not the next one but most probably in 7.4. No date for that update yet.

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

FYI, there should be improvements coming on that topic in the next updates of Kontakt, not the next one but most probably in 7.4. No date for that update yet.

Would it be possible to get a beta for that? I'm using the Reaktor 6 beta, and while I don't use it every day, I used it several times without issues, so I wouldn't mind a nice beta of Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol if they are available.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@ProfessorChaos Not sure if there's a beta at the moment (and that would be for 7.3 I believe) but I forwarded your email so that the Kontakt team invites you to Centercode.

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

@ProfessorChaos Not sure if there's a beta at the moment (and that would be for 7.3 I believe) but I forwarded your email so that the Kontakt team invites you to Centercode.

@Jeremy_NI I got it and installed it, thanks! Seems to work pretty good so far, I don't see any changes with the release version, but as long it works, I'll keep it.

Any betas for Komplete Kontrol that have HiDPI? If so, I'd be happy to try that out.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,744 mod
    Options

The plan seems to be for resizing to be in the next beta round. However bear in mind resizing Kontakt won’t necessarily make all libraries magically HDPI - they would also need graphics resources updating for that to happen so this will be a process

• : )
    : ) Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

I know this is not the optimal solution.

I really hope they make us able to make it larger, without having to lower resolution.

However, if you are on windows. This has been working well for me.

Windows has a magnifier tool.

Press windows key and + at the same time to open.

You can also set it to open with windows automatically.

Then you can zoom in and out with ctrl + alt and scroll wheel.

There's also settings to tweak it to your preference.

I have it set so that the mouse is always at the center of the screen.

I find this to work quite well for plugins that are too small

And since this is not only a kontakt problem, it's a nice method to implement into your workflow.

Hope this helps somebody!

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks I think it has been mentioned - so does Mac (ctrl + mouse wheel)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

But even better workaround: set your monitor to lower resolution when you are using these programs

Options

Guess that's subjective then, because that's not at all a better solution for me :)

edited April 2023
    Options

Should probably explain further.

Even if I set it to 1080p many libraries in kontakt are still too small to read.

Also plugins like massive etc.

And lowering resolution will also result in the DAWs interface becoming to big and clunky

Then there's also the hassle of having to switch resolutions constantly

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

A better solution? Not for sure

A better workaround eventually

• Kymeia
    edited April 2023
    Options

Not always possible with many modern monitors (certainly not on my Apple Studio Display for example) and that affects everything so you end up with most things too big and everything uglier. Zoom is more flexible, resizable gui per plugin is ideal

edited April 2023
    Options

Still very subjective.

I don't see why it's a better workaround when it makes my DAW way to big and still have many plugins remain to small (unless you go even further down than 1080p)

So there's negatives and positives to both methods

edited April 2023
    Options

Zooming in and out might add some scolling on the mouse wheel.

However, having my DAW be huge will also introduce lots more scrolling

And like mentioned earlier, still doesn't entirely fix the issue for many plugins and kontakt libraries