My Pattern Manager Button keeps disappearing (Bug or user malfunction?)

mostly_lucid
mostly_lucid Member Posts: 13 Member

I am not sure what I am doing, if this is a bug or if I am clicking something and not realizing it.

I have searched the documentation and cannot find anything.

If I start a new project it is there, then after some time it is not.

Closing and restarting does not change it.

I am using 2.14.7 on windows 11 in 64 bit mode.

Bonus Question! :)

Is there a way to make the pattern section wider?

It is impossible to tell what is actually in each slot sometimes, even a hover display that showed the full name would be helpful:

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

For your first question, I think you are on "Clip View" on your arranger. So it does not show your patterns because it manages Clips in place ;)

Press "C" on your keyboard to toggle with "Pattern View" and access to your pattern manager. On Hardware, push the Arranger button, then choose "clip" ou "section" with top buttons.

For your bonus question, I think it's impossible to make the lines longer, but only double the lane heights (see preferences / default / pattern). This setting can be changed on the fly also from the hardware (Shift+Variation / encoder 7 "Zoom Y")

Hope it helps

Jo

Answers

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 28 Advisor
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

For your first question, I think you are on "Clip View" on your arranger. So it does not show your patterns because it manages Clips in place ;)

Press "C" on your keyboard to toggle with "Pattern View" and access to your pattern manager. On Hardware, push the Arranger button, then choose "clip" ou "section" with top buttons.

For your bonus question, I think it's impossible to make the lines longer, but only double the lane heights (see preferences / default / pattern). This setting can be changed on the fly also from the hardware (Shift+Variation / encoder 7 "Zoom Y")

Hope it helps

Jo

• mostly_lucid
    mostly_lucid Member Posts: 13 Member

Thank you!

That was exactly what happened, I did not even know there was a 'clip view' -- I am still working my way though the manual.

Joe

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

”I was just doing my thing and all of a sudden: Boom! I was in the dreaded clips mode and couldn’t get out.”

It is not your fault. It is a trap.