Using M+ as standalone with my own Kontakt library possible?

nativejjd
nativejjd Member Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

I've been looking for myself and other percussionists for standalone hardware that will support the very specific Kontakt and Battery libraries that I've created or tweaked. But I only see support for "KONTAKT Factory Selection" in the list of sounds for M+. Will M+ work, and if not, and other advice to get away from the laptop?

Also, does the M+ have a standard (3.5mm or DIN) MIDI Input and not just USB?

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Maschine + only Officially supports the Factory selection in standalone mode. I have read some posts in the past about potential workarounds, not sure if it was on this forum or the old one, you would have to do some searching unless anyone else can shed light here.

Maschine + does have MIDI Din in and out...if you go to the product page, take a look at the pics of the unit to confirm. There are several pics that show them.

MASCHINE+ (native-instruments.com)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    Answer ✓

Battery libraries won’t work.

Custom Kontakt libraries can probably adapted to work as long as they don’t use complex scripted UI elements.

However, I wouldn’t buy an M+ if using Kontakt libraries in standalone is your only incentive.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Maschine + only Officially supports the Factory selection in standalone mode. I have read some posts in the past about potential workarounds, not sure if it was on this forum or the old one, you would have to do some searching unless anyone else can shed light here.

Maschine + does have MIDI Din in and out...if you go to the product page, take a look at the pics of the unit to confirm. There are several pics that show them.

MASCHINE+ (native-instruments.com)

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    Answer ✓

Battery libraries won’t work.

Custom Kontakt libraries can probably adapted to work as long as they don’t use complex scripted UI elements.

However, I wouldn’t buy an M+ if using Kontakt libraries in standalone is your only incentive.