Studio monitor setup: my next stupid newbie question
apologies, just getting my first little bedroom studio set up so thanks in advance for being kind.
okay i *finally* got some studio monitors and i'm super, super excited to mix out loud lol...
so i have a couple of questions. I have an S2 and Presonus eris studio monitors and they have both RCA and a 1/4" balanced TRS options.
What I got going on:
- I bought 1/4" TRS cables and plugged them into main 1 and main 2 and nothing happened.
- switched to the RCAs and everything's fine.
- Why aren't the 1/4" TRS cables working?
- If I can get them to work, can I still have the RCA in my rec-out so I can record on my Tascam?
I know these are probably super stupid questions but my biggest learning curve is the actual hardware - software, beatmatching and harmonics come really easily to me (classically trained) but these knobs and buttons and cables are taking some adjustment. loving this tho.
- 5.9K All Categories
- 17 Welcome
- 279 Hangout
- 48 NI News
- 120 Tech Talks
- 539 Native Access
- 2.7K Komplete
- 341 Komplete General
- 571 Komplete Kontrol
- 1K Kontakt
- 287 Reaktor
- 91 Battery 4
- 167 Guitar Rig & FX
- 121 Massive X & Synths
- 104 Other Software & Hardware
- 1.4K Maschine
- 12 Sampling Room
- 1.4K Traktor
- 1.3K Traktor Software & Hardware