GR6 MIDI foot controller/mapping problems
I am trying to use GR6 (v6.2.2) with an FCB1010 foot controller and I'm finding the behaviour somewhat flakey.
I have a preset with 3 midi assignments such that:
- The 5th macro control is set up as a toggle and is in turn linked to the on/off button on a wah effect component. This is triggered by pedal 5 on the FCB1010. This works fine.
- The 7th macro control is set up as a rotary control and is in turn linked to the rotary volume control on a volume component. This is triggered by the first expression pedal on the FCB1010. This also works fine.
- The 8th macro control is set up as a rotary control and is in turn linked to the rotary "wah" effect on wah effect component. This is triggered by the second expression pedal on the FCB1010. This appears to be misbehaving. I had it working at one stage so I know how the effect should sound. Visually all is well (when I use the 2nd expression pedal on the FCB1010, both the 7th control in the macros component and the wah effect in the wah component visually rotate correctly) but the impact on the audio is such that, rather than affecting the wah element of the tone, it appears to affect volume. Given that I did have this working correctly at one stage I know what it should sound like.
Can anyone put me out of my misery please? Many thanks in advance.
I have the FCB1010 also. I'm not totally sure I follow what you are trying to do, and since you mention 8 macros I'm guessing there are others setup (other than the 3 mentioned) that may be causing issues. Could you share your preset? I can load it up and compare.1
Thank you for your reply. No I don't have 8 macros, but I understand why you might think so, sorry. By "8th macro control" I refer to the 8th knob in the Macros tool which are labelled "Control 1", "Control 2"... "Control 8" by default. I have chosen knobs 7 & 8 largely because they are on the far right within the Macros tool as are the two expression pedals on the far right of the FCB1010. I am only using 3 macros in total out of the 8 available in the reduced size tool. In each case I was using "learn MIDI control" and then dragging from the macro knob to the appropriate knob/button on the appropriate component (i.e. wah or volume components). I have now found that, if I eliminate the Macros tool entirely and instead use "learn midi control" on directly on each of the three controls I'm interested in (volume up/down in Preset Volume component and both component on/off and wah up down on the Talk Wah component, then I get the desired behaviour.
Would it still help if I could upload the preset? If so I will try and recreate the behaviour.
Glad you got it figured out! It's kinda up to you ,if you feel like uploading it I will try it out to compare. It does seem odd that the macros won't work they way you want but direct midi mapping does. I totally get what you mean about using macro 8 but not having 8 macros, that was my bad with my original read of your post. Makes total sense now.0
I'm using an Xsonic airstep and within 1 preset I configured macro 1 to 5 in button mode and macro 6 & 7 in know mode (as the layout of the airstep, macro 6 & 7 are Moog expression pedals). I assigned them all to MIDI channel 1, cc number increased per button/knob. Afterwards I saved these MIDI controls as default which I can re-use afterwards, I only need to assign new roles to the buttons/knobs.0
- 12.4K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 568 Hangout
- 69 NI News
- 274 Tech Talks
- 1.3K Native Access
- 5.8K Komplete
- 766 Komplete General
- 1.4K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.1K Kontakt
- 568 Reaktor
- 187 Battery 4
- 316 Guitar Rig & FX
- 222 Massive X & Synths
- 281 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3.1K Traktor
- 2.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators